[C4:AC][Art and Graphics] SMAC Grass Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [C4:AC][Art and Graphics] SMAC Grass Texture

{MOD REQUEST: Please delete, I don't seem to have permission to do it... not needed due to existing work at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=143758 }

Been checking out the project, glad to see the project still has hope, as I love Civ4 and SMAC... the combo could be devastating

I've modified the grass texture using the original SMAC texture, and although it's not much of a contribution I thought I'd post it anyway as way of introduction.

Make sure you make a "Mods\C4AC\Assets\Art\terrain\textures" folder, and drop the .dds file in there. Civ should pick it up when you load the latest SVN checkout of the mod.

I've only replaced the grid version of the texture (it was easier for me to work on) so make sure you toggle grid on if you want to see it in action.

I'm a programmer (Java by profession at the mo', but quite happy working in any language), and I've just finished my degree. I'd love to join the project and attempt to tackle any of the serious SDK work once some consensus on aims are set. I can spare 4 or 5 hours a week hard coding, and plenty of thinking time in between
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kable; November 29, 2006, 13:21.

Haha, I get the first welcome post!

Welcome to the forums, Kable!

Comment

Welcome at the forums, Kable.
      Don't want to discourage you, but I believe the terrain is already done.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Welcome Kable!

The terrain textures are not yet done. I've tried to balance the color palette of the original SMAC/X textures to match an overall brighter terrain look. I haven't had any success recoloring the river banks and coastlines.

Almost every aspect of the C4:AC project is unfinished, though. So there is plenty of work to be done. If you want to work on the terrain textures, I can send you the modified files I am currently using. Any improvement to the current textures would certainly be appreciated.

Here's a screenshot of your grassgrid texture:

Here's a screenshot of the brighter non-grid texture I am currently using:

Comment

Working...
        X