Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last is a good point, but they can be evaluated for heart during a half or quarter. Can evaluate the whole team.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm not sure how Lamar Hunt thought the rules didn't apply to him. It seems quite a stretch to link founding the AFL to that. Yes, he may have had a silver spoon in his mouth, but he did a great deal with that. The AFL not only expanded the league, but brought new life to it. It was a more exciting, pass oriented game, and was brash and cocky compared to the more staid NFL. Once Hunt was in the NFL, he pushed for rules to make the game better, including instant replay and the 2 point conversion.

In addition, he is probably the main reason why the MLS is a healthy league today. He pumped his money, his heart, and soul into that league to bring professional soccer to the US, after his attempt with the NASL failed. Now, especially to those who follow soccer in this country, Lamar Hunt IS a saint and his passing is day of mourning.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He was in Dallas. He could have pitched a fit and tried to stay. People wanted the Cowboys and he never made a fuss, just went on and did his thing, at not very old of an age, at that.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I was referring to some of his business dealings. His contributions to pro football and soccer were exceptional.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I remember seeing truck trailers parked on the side of the little interstate highways.

"Thanks For Helping H.L. Hunt Make Another Million Dollars". Seriously. Never knew wtf. I was a kid.

Comment

• H.L. Hunt was the daddy. An Arkansas wildcatter and political ultra-conservative. That's where they got their money.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Looks like the 49ers are trying to move "any given Sunday" to Thursday. Holmgren looks like he needs a Tums.

Comment

• Incredible play by Smith, avoiding the sack, scrambling and throwing the TD pass to Gore.
                  Stadium sounds like a morgue.

Comment

• Alex Smith having an incredible second half... after he looked like utter crap in the 1st half. This guy has some skills... he just needs some more talent around him.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I can't believe I sat Gore in Salary Cap. Had him the past 3 weeks, but made a shift after I saw the weather forecast. Nothing's gone right for me in that league since about Week 8.

Gore will likely be a top 5 FF pick next year.

Comment

• This place I like to look has SF taking a CB.

Comment

• And Smith with the TD on a naked bootleg... sealing the game.

Comment

• Seattle is in shambles. Consecutive losses to Arizona and SF?
                            They have Hasselbeck and Alexander back. No excuses.
                            What an embarrassment.

Comment

• PASSING

M. Hasselbeck 19/35 198 yards 2 INT 0 TD
                              Nice to have you back.

Comment

• Too little, too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X