• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Ready for Some Football

Time for a new thread...

The old one can be found at:

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

You know... Addai gets 4 TD's and I don't gain any ground on you because of stupid Baltimore.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I had Addai in my FFZ fantasy league, so I was thrilled by his performance. But yeah, the Baltimore defense kicked butt and got me tons of points. And while I'm leading in points for this week, I still have a player going tonight
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

31 points from the D is crazy.

I had a half-decent week and still dropped into 3rd...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I don't know about Jacksonville... I think I'd stick New Orleans in, instead of them.

How can you take an AFC team and replace them with an NFC team?
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

We're just naming Final Four candidates, Donegeal.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

nm
              Last edited by SlowwHand; November 27, 2006, 12:11.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Classy.

Vick makes obscene gesture to home crowd
                Associated Press
                Posted: 10 hours ago

ATLANTA (AP) - Michael Vick apologized for making an obscene gesture toward Atlanta fans as he walked off the field after the Falcons' fourth straight loss Sunday.

Vick used both hands to deliver the gesture and flashed an angry look toward the handful of fans remaining in the Georgia Dome.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Well, it's official:
                  Patriots place LB Seau on IR with arm injury
                  ESPN.com news services
                  FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots placed linebacker Junior Seau on injured reserve Monday after he seriously injured his right arm in Sunday's 17-13 with over the Chicago Bears.

It's too bad. He was having a great year after everybody had written him off as washed up. Expect the NE run defense to go downhill again...blech.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    I don't know about Jacksonville... I think I'd stick New Orleans in, instead of them.

How can you take an AFC team and replace them with an NFC team?
                    Simple... any NFC team has a better chance of reaching their conference championship game than any AFC team, because there is so much talent in the AFC.

Oh, that, and Jacksonville looks like ass the last three weeks (losing to Houston and Buffalo... though they beat down the Giants, but now that looks less impressive ).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Much like Roger Clemens, Seau abandoned his team (Miami) by "retiring," then took a gig with New England hoping to get a ring. He's a carpetbagger.

I'm sorry he got hurt, but I don't feel sorry for him.

Comment

Michael Vick.

as I've said all along, overrated.

I can understand doing that in the heat of the moment, he had to be upset at losing 4 in a row and getting booed. I don't think I could show any restraint either. The problem is, he's not a good QB.

Comment

I'm not either. Hell, the Chargers had an emotional retirement ceremony for him, after keeping him around even when he was past his prime in an era when those players are cut left and right. Then he turns around and joins the Pats. The Chargers deserved better.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't think the Pats would have called him if they hadn't had injuries to their LB corps.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Cowboys dump Vanderjagt, sign Gramatica

By Adam Schefter
                              NFL Analyst

(Nov. 27, 2006) -- The Cowboys employ a former Colts kicker -- but it isn't Mike Vanderjagt anymore.

Ending a saga that has continued throughout this season, the Cowboys waived former Colts kicker Vanderjagt and signed former Colts kicker Martin Gramatica, who spent three games with Indianapolis earlier this season.

The move turned out to be a costly experiment for the Cowboys. They gave Vanderjagt a $2.5 million signing bonus this offseason, but he struggled on field goals, kickoffs and was a constant source of consternation for Cowboys coach Bill Parcells. The Cowboys began making calls on other kickers at least two weeks ago, inquiring into the availability of such players as former Dallas kicker Billy Cundiff. But the team opted to go with Gramatica, who has connected on 138 of 180 field goals during his NFL career.

And just as the Cowboys made a headline-grabbing move at quarterback, they now have done the same at kicker.

Comment

Working...
                              X