Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping passes gets contagious, turns into a team thing. Seattle had this problem a couple years ago. Atlanta has it now. Even Crumpler's dropped some catchable balls this year, and he's always been dependable.

It's not like these guys all had bad hands when they came to town. Mora's tried desperately to find big targets with soft hands. But once you're a head case, it's hard to get your confidence back.

For this year at least, the Falcons are... DOOMED!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, Crumpler is the most inexplicable. Though you may be right... it may be Seattle syndrome. The recievers get open, but just drop very catchable balls... though Lelie was shipped off by Denver because of the dropsies.... maybe that's where it came from?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        You're as reliable as the sun rising.
        I knew, without question, you'd make excuses for him.
        I actually agree with Sloww on this one.

Those recievers aren't that bad that they can't catch balls. They wouldn't be in the NFL if they couldn't catch. Who knows, maybe they rae intentionally dropping the balls out of some kind of protest. Either way, you can't continue placing the blame on the wide recievers as they have been doing the past 6 years or so.

Comment

Let's see 7 drops, 7 drops, 5 drops in the last 3 games. You saw what happened when they didn't drop the ball against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati earlier this year. You can't drop the ball and be a NFL wide reciever.

You flip so much on Vick, you make John Kerry jealous .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

then get rid of the WR's then and stop complaining about them.

I'm not saying he's a bad QB, just inconsistant. He had some good games a few years ago and I thought he'd improve. But he never did.

Comment

I'm saying he's a terrible QB, and I haven't flipped once.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wish we could rid of the WRs, but John McKay has never had a good history with drafting WRs in the past. Finneran was the possession reciever. With him gone, there is no one who can make a catch in a tight spot.

I also wonder if getting rid of Duckett was a good idea... especially since Lelie has shown why Denver was willing to let him go.

And they did get rid of Peerless Price... who was more overpriced than merely bad.

Comment

Peerless Price wasn't a bad wide reciever. So you can't always say you had bad recievers the past 6 years.

I really don't know what's wrong in Atlanta (if I knew these things I'd be a GM or coach). But you can't continue blaming the wide recievers. Perhaps Vick would do better with a different system. But if they can't find something that works with him, time to boot him.

Comment

Vick had the standard improvement from his rookie year to his sophomore year. Since then, he hasn't progressed at all, and by most measures he's gotten worse since 2002. Basically, he hasn't learned a thing.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether that's his fault, his coaches' fault, or both, but I think at some point Vick and the Falcons do need to part ways.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      Peerless Price was the one I'm talking about. He wasn't a bad wide reciever.
                      Well, what do you call a reciever who has had one decent year and one great year and can't do much outside of that? It is telling that Price hasn't done anywhere near as well since leaving the Falcons. He's got 32 catches and 262 yards this year back with the Bills, which comes after a 6 catch season with the Cowboys.

He really hasn't done anything since leaving the Falcons.

I really don't know what's wrong in Atlanta (if I knew these things I'd be a GM or coach). But you can't continue blaming the wide recievers. Perhaps Vick would do better with a different system. But if they can't find something that works with him, time to boot him.
                      When the wide recievers suck that bad, why can't you blame them? I mean everyone is saying how bad these WRs are, from Da Coach to the local sports talk guys. It's pathetic. Vick needs his Owens (ie, how McNabb had) to help him develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                        Vick had the standard improvement from his rookie year to his sophomore year. Since then, he hasn't progressed at all, and by most measures he's gotten worse since 2002. Basically, he hasn't learned a thing.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether that's his fault, his coaches' fault, or both, but I think at some point Vick and the Falcons do need to part ways.
                        The last couple years I've been of the opinion that Dan Reeves never should have been fired.

Comment

I'd take Steve Smith over Owens or Moss any day.

as for Dan Reeves I don't think he could have worked with Michael Vick (though I do believe Vick's rookie year was under Reeves). Just doesn't seem his style. And I just don't think Reeves can win the big one. But at least he could get into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            I'd take Steve Smith over Owens or Moss any day.
                            It's a comparison, Dis... not literal .

Comment

Bill Volek has 86.9. career rating.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

just be glad you aren't a fan of the Cardinals. One of the few teams in my region I can root for (the other being the Chargers- and I like them as well). The Cardinals are hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                                X