Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bledsoe had stood around all year, Cowboys would have been looking at a Top 10 draft spot.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The game has actually been pretty fun to watch.

24-24 with 9 minutes left.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• 27-24 with 2 minutes left.

ACK!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Oh crapski. Come on, Panthers.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• And that's a grade A prime choke by the Panthers.
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Thank you Lito Sheppard! I believe you just got me into the playoffs by keeping Kasay from kicking an extra point or field goal.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• This is bogus, man!

Comment

• All I know is, David Akers got me exactly the 9 points I needed to beat Berz over at FFZ.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Which 6-6 team in the NFC has the best chance of making the playoffs?
                    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Eagles
                    Falcons
                    Giants
                    Panthers

Comment

• 2 from that group will probably make the playoffs.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        All I know is, David Akers got me exactly the 9 points I needed to beat Berz over at FFZ.
                        Oops, bad day. Berz is also the one I bumped out of the playoffs by nine tenths of a point.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• The really strange 6-6 team is the Panthers. They are just not clicking like you'd think they would. Delhomme is having his head called for (yeah, even though Weinke is the backup). The defense was supposed to be better this year, on paper, but they haven't seemed like they've gelled.

Just wierd... but if they CAN get it all together, watch out. There is some talent in Carolina.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think the Giants and Panthers might have the best chance of making it.

The Eagles and Falcons seem to have the toughest schedules. McNabb is out. Vick is inconsistent.

It's likely that 2 playoffs teams in the NFC could be 8-8. There could be huge tie-breaker implications going down the stretch as NY plays both Carolina and Philly, and Atlanta plays both Carolina and Philly. New Orleans and Dallas also both have games against some of these teams.

It's going to be interesting how things end up.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• IMHO the best teams of those four are the Giants and Panthers.

But I haven't looked at schedules or anythings, so that's not a prediction.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Good point on QB Ratings.

According to the formula, Favre is the 15th-most efficient passer in NFL history. Steve Young, Joe Montana, Otto Graham and Dan Marino are all ahead of him. Those names are understandable.

But also ahead of Favre are Marc Bulger, Chad Pennington, Trent Green, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck and Jeff Garcia. Those names aren't as understandable. Brian Griese and Brunell also are in the all-time top 20.

Who would you rather have taking the snaps for you in a playoff game – Griese or John Elway?

Griese is the 17th-most efficient passer of all-time but is currently riding the bench for his fourth NFL team. He was released by his three previous employers, including the Broncos. Elway took Denver to five Super Bowls and himself to the Hall of Fame – even though he rates as only the 43rd-most efficient passer in NFL history.

The current system rates Johnny Unitas as the 52nd-most efficient passer in NFL history, Terry Bradshaw as 106 and Bobby Layne at 131. That's a flawed system. It needs to be fixed. Somehow, the NFL needs to factor in the one single intangible that matters most.

"Winning," Favre said, "is the most important thing a quarterback can do."

Comment

Working...
                                X