Pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbem

If this question has been asked before, apologies, just direct me to the thread.

I have noticed that a super league still operates for PBEM games on the CTP1 board. Are there any reasons why PBEM can not be played with CTPII? I know there were a few bugs/cheats in the vanilla version, have these been eradicated with the latest AE version?

If no, is anybody interested in a superleague for CTPII?

I don't mind setting one up and moderating it if there is sufficient interest?

Thanks

Well you can play PBEM as long as you don't think that human to human diplomacy is necessary and you can accept that the AI might reject or accept a piece treaty for you. Then there is no problem.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Sorry Martin I did not understand what you meant?

I have never played PBEM or multiplayer on CTPII so am not aware of any problems.

What do you mean by "long as you don't think that human to human diplomacy is necessary ". Is it that under PBEM human to human diplomacy does not work ? And diplomact in general? I was not aware of that - how do they play CTPI then?

Comment

Well diplomacy doesnt work properly in CtP2 PBEM, as Martin says. It works fine in CtP1.

Unfortunately i dont think theres anywhere near enough interest for a CtP2 PBEM league anyway.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by hammersfan
          What do you mean by "long as you don't think that human to human diplomacy is necessary ". Is it that under PBEM human to human diplomacy does not work ?
          To be precise, if you do diplomacy with a your friend a human player than you are surprised how fast he responds. He responds even before you have sent the save game to him. And suddenly you realize that it isn't your friend who has just responded but the computer the AI. In fact any other player in a CTP2 PBEM game is - at least concerning diplomacy - treated as AI. Actually I doubt that is fun if someone else does the decision for you if a peace treaty is good or bad. Actually if you are on the other end you aren't aware if the computer rejected a peace treaty for you offered by another human player in the game.

And diplomact in general?
          In general it works like in SP - you vs. the rest of the world.

I was not aware of that - how do they play CTPI then?
          This is a CTP2 forum, isn't. So don't expect to get answers for CTP1 if you don't ask for them explicitly.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X