Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Disk

Howdy all,

I have the original Civ 4 I got last winter, but I cannot find my disk to start it.

I have not played in a while and now am wanting to again.

Do any new expansions include a disk to start the game?

I have my box, the music disk and the game still loaded in my pc. But sometime between when I played last and now my boot/play disk has disappeared. Actually I am pretty sure my son misplaced it because I have always kept it in the two inch thick special edition slipcase.

I know I registered the game when I first bought it. I just refuse to buy it all over again, but I would buy an add-on or expansion if it would let me play.

Thanks.

Re: Playing Disk

Originally posted by Ovidious
    I have the original Civ 4 I got last winter, but I cannot find my disk to start it.

Do any new expansions include a disk to start the game?
    Warlords needs its own disk for playing.

Comment

Thank you for your answer phlucas, but I would like a clarification.

You state "Warlords needs its own disk for playing." What do you mean exactly? Do you mean that I will still need my original game disk or can I use disk that comes with Warlords?

What I am trying to find out is if I buy the Warlords expansion can I use the Warlords disk when the game tells me I need to insert the disk in the cd/dvd drive to play?

Thanks.

Comment

You need Warlords disk and both (civ4 and warlords) installed.

Best regards,

Comment

If you intall Warlords, you should be able to install and play Warlords (but not vanilla CIV) using only the Warlords disc.

I'm sure you realize that this is not a permanenent solution, as you'll still need both CIV disks if you ever need to reinstall. However, Warlords should work to get you playing temporarily as long as nothing happens to your current CIV installation.

Comment

Yes, if you install Warlords, you will be able to play Warlords with the Warlords CD.

In the meanwhile, you can probably contact 2K Games for a replacement CD.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you all for the responses.

I will contact 2k games tonight when I get home from work and see if I can get a replacement. I am glad I registered it when I first loaded it, hopefully I can get a disk.

Oh man I am getting the Civ4 urge to play right now lol.

Comment

You'll probably be able to get a disk indeed. Though you may be required to provide pictures of your game box or other proof of purchase, they're sometimes nasty that way.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                X