Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 201 - All Smiles!

AU 201 - All Smiles!

This course, created for Warlords, will examine the power of the Charismatic trait. When keeping your people happy is made easier, what sort of options does that open up to the player? How does the AI deal with this bonus as well? And, more importantly, when unit promotions come at a discount, how much more thought can be put into building a specialized army?

The chosen leader for this course is Winston Churchill of the English [Chm/Pro]. Your opponents are also all of the charismatic variety, so your charms might not be as persuasive as you hope...

All victory types are active for this course, and, as stated, the main goal is to investigate the benefits/shortcomings of the Charismatic traits, and also to see how the AI takes advantage of it/fails to.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ZargonX; November 17, 2006, 10:36.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Course file has been posted in the first post of this thread. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing everyone's DARs.

Comment

The starting location:
      Attached Files

Comment

I saved it into the Warlords World Builder folder; is it right?

Best regards,

Comment

Yes, and you should be able to load it up as scenario to choose your preferred difficulty level.

Comment

Thank you.

I shall try to do it (I know nothing of computers).

Best regards,

Comment

Do you have some weird graphics mod installed ZargonX?

I had to open the file to find out what those weird looking tiles were to the south of your settler. They look like grassland-floodplains in the screenie, or something like that. But they are just ordinary plains.

Comment

For the benefit of those who can't read Blue Marble:

Lotsa food.

Comment

Ah, thanks Blake. I've had Blue Marble for so long that I don't even think about it anymore!

Comment

Oh well, so much for a CIV-free weekend...

Comment

Thanks for getting this going Z_X, maybe this is how I will pass the time while smoking my Turkeys tomorrow
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

fantastic thread ZargonX,

i shall study this. meanwhile...
                        BRAVO on a great idea...
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Hmm. Having dragged out the Warlords CD to finally upgrade my Civ experience to this version, I've decided to play this AU-201. And I open up my starting position and I see that you have been completely fiendish in picking this. Those lovely fish to the northeast, which can only be reached by placing my city in the forest, thus sacrificing both a turn and the hammers they would bring when chopped. AND, those fish to the SW won't be workable I'm betting, unless I plop my city in that direction in the forest (at a guess the coastline is going to bow in south of there).

You ARE fiendish, aren't you, Zargon??
                          Last edited by Dubhghlas; December 21, 2009, 22:56.
                          I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubhghlas View Post
                            Hmm. Having dragged out the Warlords CD to finally upgrade my Civ experience to this version, I've decided to play this AU-201. And I open up my starting position and I see that you have been completely fiendish in picking this. Those lovely fish to the northeast, which can only be reached by placing my city in the forest, thus sacrificing both a turn and the hammers they would bring when chopped. AND, those fish to the SW won't be workable I'm betting, unless I plop my city in that direction in the forest (at a guess the coastline is going to bow in south of there).

You ARE fiendish, aren't you, Zargon??
                            If I'm not fiendish, how would you ever learn?

Comment

Working...
                            X