Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadians: I'm getting tired of your customer service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians: I'm getting tired of your customer service.

I do a lot of business with Canadian companies. I actively contribute to the Canadian economy, and help you maintain your standards of living. Hence, is it really so much to ask for at least polite and respectful service when I deal with you?
    I am tired of picking up my phone, calling, and then connecting to some person who begins to talk down to me just because I say I'm from the United States.

Yes, I'm aware that Toronto is a city in Canada. Yes, I'm aware that Canada borders the United States. Yes, I'm aware that shipping to the US will be international. Yes, I'm aware that Canadians speak English.
    I don't like taking the "is he smart enough?" geopolitical quiz every time I call. I don't like having to explain that I can indeed comprehend their speech because I'm not a moron! I would tell them I'm Canadian, but I'm fairly sure my Utah address would betray me quite quickly. I don't have a choice in the matter, so let's sit down and do business in a friendly atmosphere.
    Stop insulting me, and stop insulting my intelligence.

Just stop it!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

You know where Montreal is too?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

How is it possible that Canadians have build the opinion that Americans are moron?
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Call Spec.
        What?

Comment

Re: Canadians: I'm getting tired of your customer service.

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          I do a lot of business with Canadian companies. I actively contribute to the Canadian economy, and help you maintain your standards of living.

Hence, is it really so much to ask for at least polite and respectful service when I deal with you?
          I am tired of picking up my phone, calling, and then connecting to some person who begins to talk down to me just because I say I'm from the United States.
          That's the price you pay for being American.

Yes, I'm aware that Toronto is a city in Canada. Yes, I'm aware that Canada borders the United States. Yes, I'm aware that shipping to the US will be international. Yes, I'm aware that Canadians speak English.
          I don't like taking the "is he smart enough?" geopolitical quiz every time I call. I don't like having to explain that I can indeed comprehend their speech because I'm not a moron! I would tell them I'm Canadian, but I'm fairly sure my Utah address would betray me quite quickly. I don't have a choice in the matter, so let's sit down and do business in a friendly atmosphere.
          Stop insulting me, and stop insulting my intelligence.
          Well, you're an exception then. And it has nothing to do with intelligence, only knowledge, which most americans lack when it comes to other countries.

Just stop it!
          Never.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Shows what you know, Toronto is its own protectorate, not a Canadian city.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Shows what you know, Toronto is its own protectorate, not a Canadian city.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Canadians are bigots. What's new?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Re: Re: Canadians: I'm getting tired of your customer service.

Originally posted by Spec
                  And it has nothing to do with intelligence, only knowledge, which most americans lack when it comes to other countries.
                  Personal insults not allowed on Poly. Personal insults not allowed on Poly.

Dammit, I just can't help myself.

You, Spec, should be the last person on Apolyton to comment on someone else's ignorance.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sure...

Depends on which subjects Lori. Politics and all, I agree.

Wanna talk about finance/economy, mechanics, girls, realestate, company building and administration and american ignorance, bring it on.

I worked for 8 years in banks doing loans, investments, enterprise solutions and so on. I can fix or modify anything on a car, make 5$ with 1$ really fast, I started many companies as a consultant and so on...And I manage a sandpaper company (finance/employees/production/inventory and the building.)

Spec.

Comment

Sure...

Depends on which subjects Lori. Politics and all, I agree.

Wanna talk about finance/economy, mechanics, girls, realestate, company building and administration and american ignorance, bring it on.

girls

Comment

Re: Re: Canadians: I'm getting tired of your customer service.

Well, you're an exception then. And it has nothing to do with intelligence, only knowledge, which most americans lack when it comes to other countries.

THis is mostly true. Based on my experience with Americans there is a very prevalent lack of knowledge about countries outside their own.

I don't really blame the people that much though. Compare US network news with that of the CBC or BBC and you will see that the latter has much greater foreign/international content.

---------------------------------------

To Comrade Tassadar-- customer service people should perhaps do better but after facing I'm betting hundereds of customers that do not know or appreciate the basic facts of which you speak . . . . well lets just say I am unsurprised that their prepared script covers those issues
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Kuci, wanna compare?

How many girls did you sleep with? Are you able to talk to any girl anywhere whwn ever you want without getting turned around? How mnay girlfriends have you had? And most importantly, what did they look like?

Its really easy to get a fat or ugly girl...absolutly no challenge.

Not that I have any challenge anyways.

Also, I help a lot of myt friends get the girl they wanted, which they would not have been able to on their own.

Spec.

Comment

Kuci, wanna compare?

How many girls did you sleep with? Are you able to talk to any girl anywhere whwn ever you want without getting turned around? How mnay girlfriends have you had? And most importantly, what did they look like?

Also, I help a lot of myt friends get the girl they wanted, which they would not have been able to on their own.

Spec.
                            Now this should be amusing. Anonymous apolytoners brag about their conquests and romeo skills.
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Kuci, wanna compare?

Spec.
                              The prosecution rests.

Comment

Working...
                              X