X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failed to initialize" error

Hi there folks.

When executing CTP2, I get this error message twice:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Needless to say this makes it a little difficult to play the game. I suspect Windows XP is the problem here (as I never had trouble with my old Win98 laptop), but running in any compatibility mode doesn't solve it. I've tried running 1.11, vanilla CTP2, even AoM, still no dice.

Anybody know a fix?

Not really, with this limited information. The 0xc0000005 crash is too common (indicating a program error - usually dereferencing an invalid pointer) to be of much use.

Windows XP should not be a problem - maybe the processor is, or you do not have the Indeo Video codec. Are you able to view the intro movie ([...]\ctp2_data\default\videos\gm001.avi) with Windows Media Player?

To be able to diagnose other problems, the playtest release may be helpful. It may solve the problem (we did repair a problem at start-up with non-Intel processors), or it may provide better information about the cause of the crash (see item #4 in the link).

Comment

Working...
    X