No announcement yet.

Why CIV4 is the best video game ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played!

Comment

Post Count = 4

Comment

Hate spamming to get post count = 5

Comment

Hard to believe there was noone with this user name until 2012
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I do love playing CIV4, and agree with you in the statements the game helps you to think and play. The game really makes you an addict of you of the game. Whenever I think of playing game I reach somehow in CIV4 and start playing it.

Thanks
            snoring-mouth-piece.com
            Last edited by Gasper; October 3, 2013, 05:51.

Comment

Originally posted by KingCold2 View Post
              The best game ever made is obviously an exaggeration. The point is: it's a great game.

I wish I found out about this earlier, when I became bored of all the generic mmorpg titles.
              Yeah that is true indeed. It's the experience and game that matters in the end.

Comment

Bluetemplar pointed out one of the main reasons why Civ4 is one of the best video games ever: its HUGE modding community.

First of all, the Civilization series benefits from a kind of monopoly over a good videogame story concept: history of humankind. Among the games in the series, Civ4 is the best developed (since SMAC do not match exactly the original story). But the biggest vertue of Civ4 is its huge and easy "moddability".

Let me say a few words about my recently done mod, called The Seven Sages, to illustrate that.

I took an already done Mod Pack called Legends of Revolution, which already integrates various other Mods that improves the playability of the game without altering the main aims. Then I decided to make my own modifications.

I wanted to play standard games with up to 49 civs without having too big maps nor too long game times, and with dynamic appearance of new civs. Done.
                I wanted to incorporate Orthodoxy and Protestantism, and I wanted religions to appear more or less by the time they were created. Done.
                I wanted to integrate some already done Mod Components that make sense, such as Barbarian Great General Experience (get XP points and points for Great General out of battles vs barbarians), Tech Conquest (obvious), War Prizes (modified to get some Sailing Ships, Siege Weapons and Mounted Units after a battle vs such units), and so on.

All that, and many more, has been posible thanks to the enormous modding community.

Now I've created, more or less, the kind of civilization game I want to play. (You can read more about the Mod in the Creation section).

Comment

I love Civ4 where as I get bored quickly with Civ5.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

overall this is good game..

Comment

Civilization 4 is the better game. It has less bugs, and is more strategic in its warfare. Civilization 5 has a few things going for it, but I still prefer Civ 4's combat over Civ 5. Also even though diplomacy was touted as a big thing in Civ 5, other than the animations it really isn't that great, you are limited quite a bit.
                      www.playnswap.com
                      Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

I think I prefer standard maps.
                        animated funny picturesfunny pranks
                        funny cats

Comment

What makes the game so good also is that it is a massively educational game. The game is more geared towards teaching than gamer styles. Well, some of the mods anyway, like Quot Capita: Majesty. You can learn more about history in one hour of gameplay than in a week of lectures.

Comment

Working...
                          X