AOM IV: install on a fresh copy of CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOM IV: install on a fresh copy of CTP2

hi changed computers recently and haven't followed the changes of AOM from version II. On my new computer i re-installed CTP2 ans saw that AOM IV was out. I dl AOM IV and patched CTP2 game. But I don't remember what to do next and the install guide qives you instruction to update an existing AOM version.

Plz tell what to do, I really enjoyed AOM.

not sure but over here may help

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

After searching, i found that i would need to make full install of AOM2 which im downloading right now
      Last edited by Chaosdwarft; November 12, 2006, 14:57.

Comment

the full AOM2 is (more than) the entire game files, so just copy the AOM 4 into AOM2 and run the game (with the disc)

Comment

i followed the steps closely. Now i get an SLIC Error when i start the mod. It goes like this:

SLIC Error
          ...\AOM2_misc3.slc:1351: TRIBUTE_YOU2 not found in string database

Comment

ctp_program/ctp folder -> userprofile.txt -> debugslic=No

Comment

i have checked the file and debug slic is already set to NO and i still get the same error

Comment

Well, it's some missing text string for a messagebox. I am not an AoM-expert, but I guess deleting all AoM-files and trying to re-install a fresh download of AoM-II, then AoM-IV could probably help (maybe something got screwed up during your previous attempts ...).
                The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

yea i did a fresh install and it works fine now. thx for the help

Comment

still not there yet

hello again

actually i never upgraded to version IV, but recently i did and the problem keeps on popping. I checked the file to which the error message refers to. The actual string is there. I don't know what to do, i have followed the instructions: making a fresh install, change the debugslic to NO (which i don't need to because its already set to NO).

Well... I guess i will stay at version II which works fine by itself.

Or... Someone could update version II to IV for me: zip it or rar it and send it to me or post it in the dl section. I would really appreciate it.

Thx again for your help

Comment

Chaosdwarft

I posted your problem in the AoM forums, hopefully stan or someone else can help you

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

thx again for your help and dedication

Comment

When did you get the AOMIV zip file? IIRC there was a problem with the version that was available around 10 december 2006 and Stan reuploaded the file some days after that. You should inspect the file AOM_Elite_str.txt (in the ctp2_data\gamedata\english directory) and check that both TRIBUTE_YOU and TRIBUTE_YOU2 have been defined there.

Anyway, the DebugSlic setting in userprofile.txt will have no effect. This setting is used only for "run time" errors such as variables having an inappropriate value. Parsing errors that are detected when loading the Slic code will be reported always.

And something else: are you starting a new game, or loading a saved game? The Slic code is stored with the saved game, so even after correcting the files, you will get the error when you resume a game that was started when the files were incorrect.

Comment

i got the aomIV zip file in november 2006

I try to start a new game with aomIV, but each time i try it gave that error

I going to check that

Comment

Originally posted by Fromafar
                              And something else: are you starting a new game, or loading a saved game? The Slic code is stored with the saved game, so even after correcting the files, you will get the error when you resume a game that was started when the files were incorrect.
                              In that case you have to reload slic. To do this you just have to open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and then enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X