Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops! US posts Iraqi nuke docs on web, may have helped Iran build bomb

According to Drudge, the New York Times is going to run with this tomorrow:

U.S. POSTING OF IRAQ NUKE DOCS ON WEB COULD HAVE HELPED IRAN...

NYT REPORTING FRIDAY, SOURCES SAY: Federal government set up Web site -- Operation Iraqi Freedom Document Portal -- to make public a vast archive of Iraqi documents captured during the war; detailed accounts of Iraq's secret nuclear research; a 'basic guide to building an atom bomb'... Officials of the International Atomic Energy Agency fear the information could help Iran develop nuclear arms... contain charts, diagrams, equations and lengthy narratives about bomb building that the nuclear experts say go beyond what is available elsewhere on the Internet and in other public forums...

Website now shut... Developing...

Could this be the nail in the coffin for the Republicans this election? This sort of came out of nowhere.

Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron. (Well, anyone with the right sort of physics degree anyway). The difficulty is obtaining the plutonium etc., not in the ''how'. Unless you want a BIG atomic bomb, which is different; but for Iran, size doesn't matter. A Big Boy or three is more than enough for them ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh ... and if Iraq was THAT far along in their bomb research, wouldn't that imply that ... perhaps they did have WMDs in potentia? And so it wasn't such a bad idea after all?

The dems get it one way or the other ... either Iraq didn't have anything worth bothering about, and so making it public doesn't matter, or they did, and thank god for Bush stopping the crazed madman #1 from building one ...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah sure, good ol' W, just let a worse madman build one.... see Iran.....

Comment

I don't see how this is newsworthy.

At least... I don't see how intelligent people will view this as newsworthy. The voting public on the other hand? That's a completely different matter.

I'm just looking forward to election day so that I can finally start seeing erectile dysfunction commercials again. Every commercial break now is "TAMMY DUCKWORTH IS TEH DEVIL"... "PETER ROSKAM EATS BABIES"

My favorite has to be Rod Blagojevich saying, "If you believe what my opponent says, I'm the worst person ever! COME ON NOW!"

Although there was one guy, Dan Rutherford, he was criticizing the Illinois Secretary of State, Jesse White, and in his commercial he said, "Jesse White's daughter works for the state and Jesse White tripled her salary... Talk about 'Who's your daddy!'"

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This news are crap

I mean, Iran has scientists right? some? I doubt any nation will learn something from that
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Yeah, but its nice for political propaganda value before an election .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron.

Oh ... and if Iraq was THAT far along in their bomb research, wouldn't that imply that ... perhaps they did have WMDs in potentia? And so it wasn't such a bad idea after all?

Hmm....It kind of sounds like YOUR bomb research is quite far along, sir. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to invade you to remove a threat to world peace
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I really really doubt that any of that information would accumulate to relevant missing data of Iranian programs and the scientists involved.

Building nukes isn't secret science anymore really. The problem mostly is resources, not knowledge.

It is quite amazing to see the uproars of people when we talk about chemicals weapons as well, as in someone has chemical weapons etc.

Here's a tip, everyone has chemical weapons. Everyone with the ability to have labs and has an army also has chemical weapons. Yeah we have agreed not to have them but there's ways around it, for example I know for a fact that we have all kinds of chem weapons in labs, because they are analyzed so we can work against these weapons... they are analyzed for bunch of reasons, so there needs to be a capability to make them, modify them, make new ones etc.

Having chemical weapons is so easy and usually kind of cheap too, _everyone_ has chemical weapons. And if we want to talk about mustard gas or simple stuff like that, even Sealand would have it if they just wanted to. Heck, even private citizens could have it if they really really wanted to.

This is not really an issue to get the panties on a twist.

Knowledge and information on these things are not restricted. And even if it was, this kind of information would have been and has been stolen for decades, no problem.

We are truly underestimating people here, and yet when the time comes to rumble, we start overestimating. This is the old western mindset, that has perfectly been set into motion in wars against Asian countries. Phase one: underestimate your opponent. They are not even human really. Some kind of subspecies. Then they show guts and fight back hard so let's go to Phase number two: overestimation. They still might be subhuman but they fight like crazy, like animals. And the moral goes down.

I suggest we start treating countries as entities with respect and common sense when it comes to intelligence. It's like asking 'what, you guys also have science there?'. Of course they do.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

science
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One evil thing about scientific communities and the nature of them is that they share information too..usually for free!!!

Damn sciencetists... they just refuse to get to the program that everything is about politics.. they like 'uhh the results on this research is the only thing that matters and stuff like that'. No wonder they go home alone!
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

omg!!

Now iran´s knowledge of science has passed the internet message board level!
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron. (Well, anyone with the right sort of physics degree anyway). The difficulty is obtaining the plutonium etc., not in the ''how'. Unless you want a BIG atomic bomb, which is different; but for Iran, size doesn't matter. A Big Boy or three is more than enough for them ...
                            Using your example, anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building a B52 stealth bomber out of manufactured parts is a complete AND total moron. Assembly of a fission bomb from ideally made components is relatively easy, the question is how do you refine raw materials from scratch if you're a trade-sanctioned country with next to none specialized industry. Considering the website went into detail how Iraq, a country neighbouring Iran and being very similar in terms of accessing necessary materials, could build an atomic bomb out of scratch, it's hard to see how this does not help Iran if they choose to develop them.

...or they could've already had a publicly announced bomb program which they started back in the 1970s (you know, the one Hans Blix announced to be completely dismantled and destroyed in 1996) but terminated it in 1991 since they were asked to do it by the UN (which at the time happened to have mandated 660 000 troops surrounding Iraqi heartland after decimating it's army).

The dems get it one way or the other ... either Iraq didn't have anything worth bothering about, and so making it public doesn't matter, or they did, and thank god for Bush stopping the crazed madman #1 from building one ...
                            Referring to my previous paragraph, you're either an ignorant jackass who doesn't check his facts before inventing what did happen in the way which most conforms your narrow and naïve worldview or you know that you're lying while spinning alleged facts like there's no tomorrow.

Either way, you're a model Republican. Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              No wonder they go home alone!
                              They may go home alone, but they are really gay. What do you think those massive particle accelerators are for? The ones that are like miles long? Tests and stuff? No.

Really long homosexual-naked-scientist-man-butt-sex-train.

It's the perfect place too. They know nobody else goes into those places. They know nobody knows wtf goes on there. Nobody really understands that stuff. They can build those things and make up any excuse they want.

"Oh yeah, we uhhh... discovered this quantumsavaium particle... we aren't using the particle accelerator for butt sex... no sir."

scientists

They are destroying everything that is decent in the world.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X