Apparently it sucks to be the champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently it sucks to be the champion

White Sox? 3rd in their division. Steelers? 2-5. Now the Heat are losing by at the moment 26 to the BULLS, admittedly a better BULLS team than in recent years, but still ... oh, now it's 29.

So apparently you don't want to win a championship now ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Uhhhh.... If the Cubs won a World Series in my life time, I wouldn't mind if they sucked for a few years after that... especially considering that they have sucked for so much of my life time already
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The cubs would be another century I suspect or so ... that's the limit, one win a century.

Anyway, is the Bulls' success tonight Miami's failure as a champion to come and bring it, or are the Bulls for real? They're certainly shooting the ball well ... though neither team can make a technical ...

Comment

... and the game ends with the worst defeat of a champion on opening night, by nearly three times ... previously, the record was 15 points (lakers, 1982, to GS); the bulls beat miami by 42

Even the bulls bottom 5 were better than miami today Perhaps this spring won't end with the BEARS...

Comment

I laughed when I saw the Bulls-Heat score. But really, it's one meaningless game out of 82 almost-meaningless games. It's all about the playoffs.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Still, a nice start to the Ben Wallace Era in Chicago. I'm hoping they stay healthy and get a good seeding. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy the season. (It's a long winter!)

Personally, I've given up on the Cubs winning a world Series in my lifetime. And I'm only 53.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Steelers knew they were losing three of their top performers. That's the shifting fortunes of free agency.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Well, for two of them anyway.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Uhhhh.... If the Cubs won a World Series in my life time, I wouldn't mind if they sucked for a few years after that... especially considering that they have sucked for all of my life time already
                  Fixed.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

At least we've got a good Bears season going. 8 - 0 tomorrow!
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

go 49r's

just like the 70's
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        At least we've got a good Bears season going. 8 - 0 tomorrow!
                        I noticed that you didn't post once during the Bear's "victory" today........

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I was out, trying to vote and then driving down to the Miami Ribfest. I listened to the game on the radio. SIX TURNOVERS!?!

It's always Miami that stops the Bears from having an undefeated season.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X