India abolishes husbands' 'right' to rape wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India abolishes husbands' 'right' to rape wife

Nice to see some countries finally emerging from the Dark Ages...

It is unfortunate that many still seek to drag yet others back...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

EDIT: pffff, just a little fun, no need to get so worked up over it.

Might I add that I censored it allready, before posting.
    Last edited by alva; October 27, 2006, 08:14.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well that picture won't last long...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

That pic is wrong on so many levels...

Could you all do us a favour and censor it yourself!

EDIT: That's not the POINT! If even people like you have such attitudes towards rape - then it is little wonder that entire countries like India are still in the dark ages WRT such an evil and abusive practice!
        Last edited by MOBIUS; October 27, 2006, 08:18.
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I wanna see the picture!
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
            I wanna see the picture!
            Be glad I didn't
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Muslims have the right to rape multiple wives! [/Aneeshm]
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Hey, if a women has a black eye, it means that at some point she just didn't understand.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

So do Finns. I mean, I think it's impossible to rape your legal wife in terms of criminal law. Then again if you beat her, well that's violence and that's a crime. Then again, domestic incidents are usually in the darkness, will the authorities come if you call them, yes, if something serious happened, will someone get punished? Yes. if you think small fines are a good punishment.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Hmm, perhaps some information about the origins of Hindu civilization would illuminate this issue?

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      Hmm, perhaps some information about the origins of Hindu civilization would illuminate this issue?

-Arrian
                      Summoning Aneeshm should be a bannable offense.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

This is a welcome step . I did not know that Indian law did not , prior to this , recognise marital rape to be a crime . A great number of our laws need an overhaul , because they haven't changed from the British laws of the 1800s and 1900s we inherited .

Comment

Welcome to the "Mobius is an idiot" world.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                            Actually , it is information about the origins of Indian criminal law which can illuminate this issue .

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              Muslims have the right to rape multiple wives! [/Aneeshm]

I'm actually surprised no one (looking at you Aneeshm) has posted the Sheikh Taj El-din El-Hilaly's (Australian's chief cleric) "comparison of women to raw meat" story yet.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X