Clear All

• Are You Ready for Some Football

Old thread here...

continue on
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

ok....

da BEARS!!!!!

(gotta make sure it starts out in the right direction...)
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

...are going down!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Romo
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I don't see how the Bears are winning, really. I know that statement is bound to catch Hell, but who is their RB? Their star? There is none. Yes, yes. Rushing by committee can work, and evidently has so far.
          Still, ....
          I won't even start on Grossman.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Runningback by commitee? I guess you don't get to watch many Bear games in Texas.

Poor soul.

Thomas Jones is the clear starter. 116 attemps, 432 yards (21 in the league) and 14 receptions for 49 yards. Benson has 47 attemps for 148 and 3 catches for 22 yards.

Besides, the Bear running game is making the passing game flourish. Most of the Bears TD passes are off play action. The Bears have such a reputation as a running team that people are stacking the box to stop it (thus the low rushing numbers) and challenging Grossman to beat them through the air. And he has done just that (wit the exception of the Arizona game).
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

116 attempts isn't really a low number, and 3.7 per rush average.

Thanks.

Comment

I never said it was a low number. It does work out to only 19 carries a game, which is low, but it is not a committee.

Although Benson should get more garbage yards and attemps this weekend.

Comment

Listen, buddy. You DID say "(thus the low rushing numbers)". Don't go making me feel crazy.

Comment

He meant the yardage, not the attempts.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

3.7 isn't really low. Good enough to keep the chains moving.

Here I am, standing up for them. I'm a better fan than Donegeal.

Comment

The Bears rushing game is below expectations. We have not seen anything to suggest we can depend on it during bad weather in the 2nd half of the season.

Team stats
                        Yards/attempt = 3.2 (T-29th in the league)
                        Yards/game = 97.7 (24th)

It's a concern.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I was just looking at Jones. Benson drags it down.

Comment

It's a team thing, remember?

And 3.7 ain't squat anyway. Neither is 21st in the league.

In the top 30 rushers, only Edgerrin (2.7), Jamal Lewis (3.6) and LJohnson (3.7) are as unproductive.

Comment

and LJohnson (3.7)

Man, was that a horrible #1 fantasy pick ! Who knew Tiki would be a decent choice at 1?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X