Interesting situation - releasing a serial killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting situation - releasing a serial killer

Well, we have this dude in prison who murdered 3 people in Sweden... 18 years ago. It was quite brutal and got lots of media attention and still does.

This finnish guy was released from prison and went to Sweden, and stole a bike. But he was chased by 15 year old boy and his father. However, the killer had a shotgun and he shot the father and the boy dead. The boy begged for mercy repeatedly, the killer had none. Executing was on.

Later on, the family mother and wife came to look out for the guys and ended up in the same place. The killer stabbed her to death. I guess no one knows why. So that's 3 murders on a row, family wasted.

Killer was fairly young, little over 20. However already ex-convict (of prison), and you don't go to prison in here easy.

Now, the Swedes rightly got extremely upset. They gave this dude back to us with request that we hold him and punish him properly.

During his 18 years in prison, he has already escaped three times. Few years ago last time. Some attempt involved guns, hostages etc. He has also changed his name. Last time he escaped, he went again.. to Sweden.

So now supreme court in its wisdom and sissiness is saying yes we can release this man. It's now up to the president. For 3 cold blooded murders, and 3 escape attempts later on. This is what you get?

Let's make no mistakes here. This guy.. the first thing he will do is.. he'll go to Sweden. He already showed that in his last escape attempt. SO he'll go there, he's a total psycho, a true killer. He will kill again, he's twisted in his mind. So what are we going to say to our neighbours after that? 'SO sooooorryyy.. we knew this would happen but hey, welcome to whatever justice system we have.'.

It's crap. THis is by the way the record time in prison for someone in a row here. Which tells a lot, because it's not like he's the only one who has killed bunch of people. If this wasn't so sensitive to Swedes, this guy would be out as well already.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I believe you know my position on this. He should have been executed by now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sure thing Sloww. As you might know, I'm against DP but definitely not against never ever releasing this guy.

I think it implicates that our society is weak. While we need to protect the rights of citizens and uphold the laws and see that even the criminals get treated right ... there's still some limits to whose rights are you going after the strongest.

We know this guy is a security risk of highest proportions and they seek that since he has not gotten better, this still is like the earliest we can release him. So what? What about how long can we keep him? Why don't we ever look into that? It's not like this guy stole candy.

It's not even like this guy was young and killed someone. It's not like he killed a guy, then got released, something happened and he killed again. No. He murdered a family in cold blood and there was even time between the murders. For no reason at all.

I just don't think he should be getting out. But somehow we get into these situations where we HAVE to release this dangerous people we know are still going to do it in the first week or so. I don't see why we have to let anyone go, this guy has life sentence, so what about giving him that.

Our society is weak in terms that we can't ever find ourselves locking up someone for good. THere is no crime bad enough for a person to lose his freedom for life. THat's not justice or power of civilization. THat's weakness of our society. You gotta be kidding me if you say that there is no crime ever that fits 18+ years of sentence. Let's be real, there are such crimes and the people agree vastly on this. Yet nothing ever happens to remedy this situation. Adn that's why I just think it's a weakness in our society.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

One thing I like about Kinky Friedman, running for governor of Texas, is he'll stop the dp, untill they devise a way it's 100% for sure. Won't be hard to do.

Also, he's for legalizing marijuana. I'm for that, too. Legalize and tax.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

put him in an American max security prison if you guys can't hold him, damn...
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

we should. I mean WE CAN. He has a life sentence, he can be held until he is dead. But we won't.

Like I said, his is record time for prison time in a row. The guy who killed 4 people (in 3 different incidents) got out earlier this year or last year as well, right after that he got busted in train being high, with gun and being aggressive. Did he go back to jail? no.

After that, he got busted for holding an elderly couple hostage, with a gun, resisting an arrest. Did he go to jail after that? No.

Now he got busted for passing out in someones apartment, the owner doesn't even know him and was surprised to see him.. he was heavily armed. Did he go to jail? We'll see. But his 5th victim is.. I'd say pretty sure to be killed soon.
            In da butt.

Comment

And don't get me wrong. The ordinary folks won't stand for this.

But somehow we have gotten into a system we can't make it work like we want it to work. We worship the system, we don't feel the importance of an individual. Sad inheritance from the 1970s.

And remember, with these guys it's when the system nailed them hard. This wasn't 'easy'. This was the 'maximum' So have these fellows healed, are they sorry for what they did? No!! They are arrogant and proud.
              In da butt.

Comment

I agree that the guy seems to be so twisted that it would be colossally wrong to just let him go. There's even a Swedish movie about him, by the way.

All of his five pardon applications have been denied by a president, last time on February 2006.

Comment

If the money wasn't taken from the dog brain chip project to flush down the toilet at Airbus, by now we could have had dogs that could be programmed to take care of killers. We release him with this dog who kills him if he attempts something funny, but otherwise is a nice dog and can play mp3.

Comment

I disagree with the mp3. I don't think he should get a free dog and mp3 player, because he is supposed to act normally. It's like he's been rewarded for acting normally, we don't get any prizes for that. He is not supposed to act funny, so the dog should be boring and irritating.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Oh why is vigilantism so frowned upon...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        I believe you know my position on this. He should have been executed by now.

A person who killed 3 people for no real reason is indeed unredeemable. Our society should get rid of it.

Comment

That's not a serial killer.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X