X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Hockey - The Reckoning

Continue the discussions here.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

8-1 for Buffalo!

And Phaunef is having a good night, a point in every catrogry
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Playfair really needs to stop trying to hard to kickstart the offense at the expense of defense...

We can't win scorefests, so why try...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Anyone know anything about Fleury? I see that he is hurt and Day to Day, but any idea of a return time or how serious it is?

I am wondering if I should be looking for a 3rd goalie in order to get my three games in this week (though if San Jose would smarten up and play Toskala all three games this week it wouldn't be a problem for me ....and even better it would cause problems for Joncha without Nabakov playing! ).

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Yeah for Calgary to play that high tempo, offensive hockey, they need d-men who can play transition hockey, and a goalie who can stop the shots.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

To reassert what I posted in the previous thread

Habs > Flames
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

What happens if neither of you get 3 goalie games?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It results in an automatic tie (both players get 1 point for each of the 3 goalie stats).

I think it happened last week between Ninot and Kontiki. Ninot would have slaughtered if he had been able to keep his goalie stats, instead it ended up as a 3-1 win (with 4 tied stats including the 3 goalie stats ).

Therefore 3-1-4=10 points for Ninot, 6 points for Kontiki

/me

Edit: Though on thinking about it, it would have been 12-4 for Ninot so not a huge difference I guess.
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I have a good team, eh?

Comment

GO FIGHTING AARDVARKS
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Just picked up Aebischer.

NYE, why did you drop him?
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                        To reassert what I posted in the previous thread

Habs > Flames
                        It's really nothing to brag about at this point in the season. I don't know which team is playing right now, but it's not the Flames.

It's a shame our eastern roadtrip didn't happen in January again, that's the time the teams start to shape up to what they should be.

And Kipper has looked terrible for the past two games. If he was up to his normal self, and Calgary could put 4 goals like the last two games, that's a sure-fire win.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yeah, Kippersoft looked pretty bad in the Toronto game, but he wasn't getting any help from the defence which couldn't stop the Toronto onslaught.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It's really nothing to brag about at this point in the season. I don't know which team is playing right now, but it's not the Flames.

It's a shame our eastern roadtrip didn't happen in January again, that's the time the teams start to shape up to what they should be.

And Kipper has looked terrible for the past two games. If he was up to his normal self, and Calgary could put 4 goals like the last two games, that's a sure-fire win.
                            \

2 points is 2 points, and I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                              Yeah, Kippersoft looked pretty bad in the Toronto game, but he wasn't getting any help from the defence which couldn't stop the Toronto onslaught.
                              If you mean a vast array of weak wristshots from the point, then sure, it was an onslaught.

To me, Kipper was having a terrible night and Toronto threw anything they could at the net knowing full well they could go in.

The real concern for me in the game is how terribly slow Toronto's D was, and how pathetic it is when Calgary can score 4 goals against you in regulation with your top goalie in net.

Comment

Working...
                              X