Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PBEM] I'm looking for a PBEM game!

Hi!

I've been playing Civ and SMAC for many years but I've never tried playing by email.

I'm quite a good player, reliable and I'd like to try PBEM... so if someone is looking for a player....

(I'm sorry for my awful english!)

What sort of settings are you looking at please?

And how many players?
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Sorry - I ask re players as I know someone who may be interested and he keeps the turns flowing - does not like slow games
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Is it me? I like to keep games going and I'd be interested.

Comment

The decription certainly would fit!

Hmmm - no word from spad85 though............

Comment

oh well. Thinking of getting another game going myself actually. Have to get motivated though

Comment

What kind of settings?

Maybe a smaller map, with a (dare I say it) a faster speed?

Comment

Hadn't really thought that far ahead yet. A smaller map is probably a good idea. I really hate playing anything less that epic speed though. It just goes through so quickly. I guess it's sort of whats needed for pbem game though.

Comment

Or a small map on marathon - only a few players, in appropriate timezones, or players who (usually ) deal with the save within 24 hours of recieving it.

Warlords or Vanilla?

Comment

Still no word from spad85 - sigh.................

Comment

If I wasn't always reading this right before I have to go do something.. like now I have to go sleep... I'd start a new thread for a new game. Maybe on the weekend I'll gt a new thread started and get a game going.

Either Warlords or Vanilla is fine with me. Just wish I didn't need to change CD's so often. I have 2 pbem's i vanilla and 1 in warlords, plus I play single player warlords. Seem to be swapping all the time.

Comment

It's the nature of the breast Strudo.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Oh and by the way, if you need another player for a game - just give me a shout.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Ditto.

Well there's 4 of us, without Spad.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Alright then. Everyone sound off so I know who's still around and I'll get a game started. I'll need to know preferences for:

Vanilla or Warlords
                              Leader (if a new leader, list a vanilla one too just in case)
                              Level
                              Map type and size
                              Game speed
                              Barbs
                              Any other preferences you prefer

Also your email address and timezone from GMT. Usually I play east to west. Seems to keep things moving.

Comment

Working...
                              X