France vs. Germany - Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    They almost certainly haven't seen combat in Bosnia or Kosovo, I think I'd have heard about it.
    I think it was Chemical Ollie who posted it, they destroyed a number of bunkers, arty etc. in one case without own losses.
    Blah

Comment

Re: France vs. Germany - Today

Originally posted by VetLegion
      You know you like to talk military stuff

I've just seen some documentary stuff about Napoleon. So I have a question: if Germany and France went at it today, who would win?

No nukes, of course.

You should have posted a picture of the current version of the Leo 2 (which is the Leo 2A6).
      It looks much cooler than the earlier versions without spaced armor (like the one you posted)

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It indeed looks much cooler in this version

Interesting how both Turkey and Greece bought Leopards. If only francophile Turkey bought Leclercs and then the two held some live ammo maneuvres in Thracia

Comment

I'd take germany to win in a straight-up fight . . . not due to any assessment of their current armaments but just based on the historical "they don't lose" until gang-tackled by lots of countries experience.

France? Seems they get rolled in every big fight once you get past Napolean. I just can't pick their side.

Its like Red SOX- Yankees-- no matter how much talent the Red Sox gather, you pretty much have to bet on the Yankees
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In a no-holds barred war, France would win.

Comment

If Germany manages to stalemate for a while, they will eventually win.

Frankly, I'll be supporting them.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The Germans and gone treehuggin' of the late so I'm rooting for the French.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

All of the rest of Europe will come to Germany's aid, since the Germans control the ECB.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Excellent point LS, especially since they'll also agree the European Parliament really belongs in Brussels.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Is the US allowed to step in and win it for France in the 4th quarter? If not Germany wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                        Excellent point LS, especially since they'll also agree the European Parliament really belongs in Brussels.
                        Would the German-speaking part of Belgium fight with Wallonia?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

these 5 villages or so?
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

The real cause for conflict today between the two countries is of course the question if wine or beer is of greater benefit for man.
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                              The real cause for conflict today between the two countries is of course the question if wine or beer is of greater benefit for man.
                              Clearly, Russia wins that argument.

Comment

No, vodka is evil
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X