No announcement yet.

bye bye dinos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is good Firaxis has decided to concentrate on Civ 3. For those of you who like the concept of a dino game, you needn't be sad, Sid said he would like to come back to the idea at some stage.
    Rome rules

Comment

Hey Darkknight, we have a small Colonization II project going. Check it out here
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Darknight - I think that Colonization did a good deal of justice to a period of history and sorta wish there were more sid period pieces. Like a Roman Empire game, a cold war game, a middle ages game.... these would all make good period games... Especially if Bryan "Look at me I have a history degree" Reynolds did em...
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Follow your muse Sid.

Now I'm curious about the new idea. I'm glad that whatever it is has caught his interest and seems to be clicking.

As to the Dino's, parts of it seemed interesting. I guess the part that caught my eye was the concept of evolution, so I guess I was leaning toward a large-scale turn-based game where you led your band of dinos on to dominance.... at least until the comet hits and those silly monkeys take over the world.

Anyways, it may come back. Sometimes you get your best ideas when you stop working and thinking about something.
          Fear not the path of truth for the lack of others walking it.

Comment

I wouldn't call us silly monkeys I would call us manic depressive drunken suicidal obsessive desasters but not silly.
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I think this shows a valuable lesson to Firaxis and to all other game companies, do not announce a game until you are committed to it. Keep things secret until you have something to announce.

Each diary was spaced out over many months. I got sick of waiting, I think it was quite obvious that they had no idea where to go from here. They finally gave up.

A lesson, don't announce games until they are definite! And don't announce features until you have tried them and believe that they will be in the final copy!
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Great, that sounded like possibly the worst game ever!

Comment

Wait! There may be a reprieve. There's been a rumour (started by me) of the possibility that Sid might be putting dinosaurs into SimGolf. It will be just your average everyday dinosaurs that you normally see tromping around your average everyday golf course, the idea being to bring some realism into the game.

------------------
                  "If you post something often enough, people will start to read it"
                  Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                  Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Is it time the Dinosours section was removed from Apolyton all together? Seems like a waste of space these days.
                    If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Asked the same question on the main page. Was told that for now it will stay. It after all may make a comeback and in actuality after you have created a site this big a few more pages is not much of a waste. Plus a few of us actually still come to this forum to see if anything is new. In which case we are loading ads and making money for ACS on a game that is now defunct.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Dinosaurs thread on the move?

Perhaps the thread should be made less noticeable somehow or moved under Other Games
                        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                        X