Our Tech Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Tech Goals

Where are we going with our research? What is our goal? Which techs do we need? What are we studying now? What do we plan to get in trade for a given tech?

I think these questions deserve their own thread for discussion and tracking.

Since this is a private forum we have the ability to modify eachother's posts. The next post will be for keeping track of these things. Discussions follow below that.

A handy tech tree from civfanatics:
    Last edited by Daddy-O; October 12, 2006, 09:24.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Current Research:
    Pottery

Techs we currently have:
    Wheel
    Agriculture
    Mysticism
    Mining
    Animal Husbandry
    Meditation
    Priesthood
    Bronze Working

Our Tech Queue/Goals:
    Oracle

Techs our allies have agreed to research:

feel free to update:
    last update 2006-11-15 Daddy-O
    Last edited by Daddy-O; November 15, 2006, 14:03.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

*still more room*

Comment

OK. AC has told us that they are researching seafaring. They want to know who will study Writing then Alphabet? The discussion in the AC diplo thread seems to lean towards us taking on Writing and Alphabet and offering that in an even tech trade.

Is that the direction that we plan to go? Do we want Iron Working first? I can't really form an opinion unless I know what we already have.

Comment

food for thought

If we do alpha/writing

Iron Working would be one to trade to us
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

True. But I raise the issue of having goals and a path to get there so that other teams do not lead us down a path of their choosing. If we plot our tech path, or at least the next few techs, now this will help us to decide if a trade agreement if worth our effort.

With AC, for now the commitment by us to study Writing and Alphabet in exchange for other equal techs seems fair. I am just asking to discuss the future research of our team and have a place to keep track of it.

So, which techs do we have already? Where do we want to go from here?

I see Iron Working as important. The next hill might contain another team - a team that will not be as friendly or trustworthy as AC.

Comment

I will pas on the question to fed1943 about what techs we have already

I say an overall goal of defense/cultural could be a good thing

do we want to bother with a navy....I say yes

Comment

We are about to become a coastal nation, we should have a navy.

Comment

Right now (2280 BC) we know:

Wheel, Agriculture, Mysticism, Mining, Animal Husbandry, Meditation,

Priesthood and 7 turns to Bronze Working.

Best regards,

Comment

Top updated.

Comment

I think we have to wait and see how our free trade agreement works out, because if this is the case we need to map out what is important to each of us and evaluate the best way to get there. The whole idea behind the agreement is that in essence we are researching to choice techs at a time.
                      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Another thing that we should begin to discuss for if and when we begin to discuss our research path is our civic goals. This is something that we should discuss again openly with AC and try and come to common civic goals to make the research allow us to gain these civic advantages. Not only that but we should also in terms of civis decide if it would be worth it to make the investment in building the great parymids.
                        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

short term civic-slavery

Comment

from wise ass:
                            I think we have to wait and see how our free trade agreement works out, because if this is the case we need to map out what is important to each of us and evaluate the best way to get there. The whole idea behind the agreement is that in essence we are researching to choice techs at a time.

I disagree. Team Banana needs to plot out its goals and strategies before getting input from another team. We cannot allow another team to beat the drum that we march to. We need to set goals, all decisions need to be based on those goals. Sometimes we will bend and compromise with an ally but only if it moves us towards the overall goal. Now, before we know how AC will take to our proposal, is the perfect time to define ourselves.

Comment

If we still do not hear anything from AC on the ABCS tech agreement by the time Pottery is discovered (6 turns), we need to study Archery or Iron Working. We can not allow AC to steer us away from self defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X