A Huge PBEM Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Huge PBEM Apology

Well, there may not be many folks left here to read it, but I would like to officially apologize to those who were involved in PBEM games with me when I went MIA earlier this year. It was not the appropriate way to handle it: I should have made arrangements for the many games I was in to be passed on to others. I am sorry for leaving you in the lurch like that. My only saving grace may have been that civ4 was creating a sufficient distraction.

RL has been very busy for me for awhile now, and has involved parental care, moving cities, and a very early retirement. I now have more time for the really important things in life.

So, once again, my apologies - and if anyone is the least bit interested in resurrecting one of the old games, I still have all the saves. If so, just post here or PM me, and I will see if we can get the players together.

Or, if anyone is still interested in civ3 pbem, I am up for it.

Cheers ...Beta.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Thanks Beta. I for one appreciate your apology.

I have gotten over having all of my PBEM games coming to a screaching halt after your absence.

I am glad to hear that things have settled back down for you - and congrats on your early retirement!

I would be honored to have you in PBEM games with me again once you're back in the saddle.

Comment

Thanks Witt. Good to hear from you, and good to be back.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Beta,
        Great to read something of you again. I hope you are doing well and all that has been going on in RL has found its place. There are still a few games that can hopefully be revived. For 1 I hope Europe in Flames will restart. Quite a challenge to take on Alexman. Random random has been taken over by Aqua, who has brought quite some prosperity to Rome.

Welcome back once more...

McM
        don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

welcome back Beta

glad things coming together for you
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Good to see you back, mate.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate that, especially given the number of games which hit the skids. Good thing civ4 was there to cover my tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeadows
                Beta,
                Great to read something of you again. I hope you are doing well and all that has been going on in RL has found its place. There are still a few games that can hopefully be revived. For 1 I hope Europe in Flames will restart. Quite a challenge to take on Alexman. Random random has been taken over by Aqua, who has brought quite some prosperity to Rome.

Welcome back once more...

McM
                We can resurrect EIF if folks are up for it.

We can also start a new game, maybe a pitboss game - I suspect they will run faster.

Comment

I have never tried pitboss ... how does it differ from a regular PBEM game?
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Glad your back Beta

Games are games and Life as allways comes first

Indeed we are excited about a great and dedicated player such as yourself returning to the front lines
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                    X