Builders Challenge PBEM - Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builders Challenge PBEM - Recruitment

I'm looking to set up a 3 or 4 player no war game.

Before you walk off shaking your head let me explain.

The game will be set to "Always peace" and the challenge will be to build a civ with the best economy/culture to win - without the fallback of going to war if it goes pear shaped!

To try and ensure a reasonably level playing field there will be no AIs and each player will control a team of two civs. Map will be mirror continents so no isolated starts and everyone should get a decent shot at resources (3 players/6 civs/small map or 4 players/8 civs/standard map). Ideally each team will start with a civ on each continent. No barbarians - so no barb cities to capture - and no goody huts - so no popping techs.

Culture flipping will be allowed so city placements and developing culture will have effects. Victories will be Time, Culture and Spaceship.

I'd prefer Warlords as the UB's will add a bit of flavour alongside leader traits but Vanilla would be OK (one civ does have an advantage there ).

If you're interested, choose your weapons (civs).
    Never give an AI an even break.

Im interested if its Vanilla.

I would like to play with Louis of the French and Gandhi of the Indians.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I would like to play this. Warlords or Vanilla is fine by me though I somewhat prefer Warlords.
      My civ choice will depend on which version of Civ4 we play.
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Let's go Vanilla then, we're two people who can do either, and one who can only Vanilla
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

OK, vanilla it is. I'd like a 4th player if possible so will leave this open for 24hrs. If we don't get another player by then I will start it for the three of us.

Comment

Builder game? I'll take that

Might I have Elizabeth please?

Edit to add : I needed more caffeine before posting... Make my #2 Qin Shi Huang
            Last edited by Makahlua; October 11, 2006, 22:12.
            But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
            PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Makahlua, please choose 2 civs (we'll be having 2 civs each) and the others should reveal their choices at last too

Comment

Mansa Musa and Catherine

Merci
                Formerly known as Masuro.
                The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Ech you financial monstarz!

Cerberus, we're now waiting only for your civ announcement and gamestart

Comment

Btw, as there are no AIs and no barbs, it'd be cool to play on deity level - somewhat more balanced early game and a bit more of challenge.

Comment

I'm not too keen on Deity. Starting cities with one health/three happy is a bit harsher than I'm used to. I've compromised and set the difficulty as Monarch.

I decided to get organised and have taken Roosevelt and Julius Caesar for my civs.

Tracker thread is here -

Please pm your email address to the player before you if they don't already have it.

Comment

Working...
                      X