Looking to play in a PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to play in a PBEM game?

Hi, I would like to setup a few 2 player PBEM games,(with maybe 6 AI`s), and maybe one 4 player game. Warlords prefered but I will play Vanilla Civ4 to....

Settings are negotiable for a 2 player game.Random Civ`s or chose one.

For a 4 player game I would like Cust. Cont..one per player...with maybe 2 AI`s.

I`m also on the civ4players ladder and could make it a ladder game.

Post a reply if your intrested in playing atleast one turn aday. I will need your civ choice, your prefered settings, and of course your e-mail address. Thx

What about playing the game you proposed in our "Tiny epic map" thread? Sabrewolf said he'd be in, and so would I. Your setup looks interesting - what about a game on four continents, each with a human player and an AI (so it's your choice if you eliminate it and "take it all" or cooperate). Maybe we should assign the same team number to human and "his" AI. Or perhaps even 1 human with 2 civs on the same continent. We could setup a mirror continents game (I believe this is possible) to assure conditions are fair. Cerberus is setting up such a game, but I dislike his "always peace" condition. I don't strive for war, but would want to preserve it as ultima ratio.

Comment

Ok sabrewolf and Sir Ralph are in. First question....we playing Warlords`s or Civ4 vanilla?. This will be my first attempt to start/host a pbem so please bear with me... .

I will setup a game as follows.

Cust. Cont.
      Large/Temp/Med
      Ancient
      Normal
      one per player
      Cylindrical
      Standard

Only option x`ed in is No Tech Trading.
      All Victory Conditions Enabled.

Four human players and eight AI`s

Slot 1-Human
      Slot 2-AI
      Slot 3-AI
      Slot 4-Human
      Slot 5-AI
      Slot 6-AI
      Slot 7-Human
      Slot 8-AI
      Slot 9-AI
      Slot 10-Human
      Slot 11-AI
      Slot 12-AI

AI`s will be random. Humans can chose their Civ`s.

Settings are negoitable.

I need e-mail address`s for sabrewolf and Sir Ralph, (pm them to me if you like), and you civ/leader choice.

We also need a 4th player........

So the idea will be to try and play atleast one turn aday.... . Thx

Comment

First off, we need a fourth player. Custom continents with 3 players look weird.

Second, why x off tech trading? It would only make sense, if we team up with these AIs and thus automatically share techs. Otherwise there's no point in having AIs at all. I would prefer 1 AI per player only, which is on the same continent. Or may be even no AI and each player playing 2 civs.

8 Civs on a large map with 4 custom continents are ok. For 12 civs we'd need a huge map.

I vote for Warlords. Not because it's better than vanilla (it's not!) but because I don't want to switch CDs on every PBEM.

Comment

Like I said...my first time setting up a PBEM...ok TT will not be x`ed off....

As for getting exactly four continets...we will only get that if we play 4 players......up to 6 you get 1 player per cont....more than than...and you end up with 2-3 players on 2-3 continents.Thats why in went to 12 players...4 human and 8 ai to try to setup such a game as you describe, with one human and 2-3 ai`s on the same continent. Of course there will be two continents with all ai players....atleast I`m hoping for this kind of setup......

Hmm....you can set how many players per continent...but not if they are human or ai.

A huge map setting would be ok with me.... . Thx

Comment

Don't hurry with the setup. A PBEM takes a long time and it matters not if it starts 1-2 days later, but everything is carefully considered instead of started right away with flaws.

Let's first find a 4th player. About the setup, we can have somebody setup the game for us. Happened in Civ3 all the time.

Comment

I may have a 4th player.......started a 2 human player 4 AI pbem with him today...if he`s reliable I will invite him. Thx

Comment

Hi! I'm interested in joining the game... can I?

Comment

Sure...we need a fourth reliable player who will keep the game going,(take your turn when it comes to you).

Havnt heard from these other 2 in awhile...let me know if you still want to play......

spad I will need an e-mail address to send your turn to...

I`m also playing a few 2 human 4-6 ai games...if you are intrested in playing one with me....Warlords or Vanilla Civ4.....let me know. Thx

Comment

Yes I send you my email by PM

Comment

I am still watching this and just didn't post anything because there was no change for a while. My game with sabrewolf is progressing nicely, I'm sure he's also still in.

Comment

Ok thx.....I will start forming up a game.

Comment

Ok Spad......since you have Warlords, I will send you a first turn PBEM for Warlords. Two human player and 8 AI`s to make it intresting.... and I will get this 4 player game setup in next couple of days...after we all decide on settings. Thx

Ok, just sent you first turn....just picked random leaders. check the settings...if you dont like them, tell me what you do like.....and I will send you another first turn..... . Thx
                          Last edited by Conquistador45; October 17, 2006, 09:53.

Comment

I'll play if there are any spots still available. Have played a few PBEM games before, but I'm just getting tired of them fizzeling out a few turns in. Let me know if there is still room.

strudo76 ta gmail tod com

GMT+9.5

I don't really have any preference for leader or settings.

Edit: Should have said i can play either vanilla or warlords

Comment

Working...
                            X