Recreation Commons - 18th floor: The Spam Elevator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recreation Commons - 18th floor: The Spam Elevator

ZOMFG!! Eightteen floors already! We've almost reached space!
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

ZOMFG indeed!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

edit: help help i;m being oppressed
      Last edited by Senethro; October 5, 2006, 12:51.

Comment

Guys - keep this to at least remotely game related and/or meaningful personal discussions. This is exactly the sort of thread that Ming has in the past closed, when it devolves to meaningless babble. Nobody really cares if you keep it to actual discussions, but just random characters are a waste of this forum's resources.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          Guys - keep this to at least remotely game related and/or meaningful personal discussions. This is exactly the sort of thread that Ming has in the past closed, when it devolves to meaningless babble. Nobody really cares if you keep it to actual discussions, but just random characters are a waste of this forum's resources.
          Oh, I'm sorry, these are the Rec Commons. I believe the Recycling Tanks are on the other side of the street

Anyway, I would start writing a newspaper, except that I'm woefully ignorant to anything that's going on in the game. Plus, I don't think my efforts would be appreciated, and hence, I won't

Xenofungus

This is exactly the sort of thread that Ming has in the past closed, when it devolves to meaningless babble.
          As a previous God of an ACDG, I can assure you that this is NOT true.
          Last edited by Nubclear; October 5, 2006, 16:29.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ming Schming! I bet he can't even pronounce his own nick in Chinese.
            Teh People shall not be oppressed!!1!

Btw, to honour our dear leader Chairman Yang, would anyone be interested in a PBEM with the Chinese Unification scenario? (After the Warlords patch comes out somewhere this month, as I heard it fixes an issue with galleys on rivers in that scenario.) I think that scenario could be ideal for some interesting multiplayer diplomacy.

Comment

More like gruesome murder.

I'm provisionally interested, but its a 200 turn scenario and usually goes all the way to the end for me. I think my quickest win was with 20 turns left. Need to get some fast people.

Comment

True about the 200 turns. Though I assume regular PBEMs take much longer than 200 turns. I guess the Chinese Unification would be as good as it gets PBEMwise.
                In SMAC you could at least win a game in 100 turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  In SMAC you could at least win a game in 100 turns.
                  And still they often take 1 year to complete with 4 players

So, well, I guess we'll have to pretend to be preparing a public newspaper here, to please the mods.

Maybe we could write about "our history". Who are we?

=> A nation of people who are the chosen ones to florish the earth, waiting for nuclear power and spaceflight, so we can launch ourselves to the promessed planet.

=> A nation of people living by the principles of Chairman Yang, a mytical person from the future who visited us and predicted a glorious future for our nation if we just follow his way of living ?
                  no sig

Comment

We are from the future of this planet.

Our ally double crossed us and banashed us to the past thinking that we could do no damage to their plans of conquest. they were wrong.

Already we have been influencing the future with our use of history and knowlege.

You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Its strange that Maniac is so in love with Yang, considering how the Hive was so opposed in ACDG2

or at least I was
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Like him or hate him, Yang is the man. Everyone loves his quotes.

Comment

Great, finally a place I can take part in a conversation that is game related, by definition.
                          So, a few months back I installed civ4 again on my portal to wonderful world of human development through ages. After some time I saw multiple blue lines obscuring the view. Since I like blue color, torment was bearable. However, I decided to no longer view the human history at that time in order to keep the electrons in line. Then again a few weeks back when deciding to use the portal again for viewing our distant future when we all will be under slavery rule of an alien race and later Earth will be destroyed, mysterious blue lines visited me again.

... hope to join you soon, just need new portal
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                            => A nation of people living by the principles of Chairman Yang, a mytical person from the future who visited us and predicted a glorious future for our nation if we just follow his way of living ?
                            I kinda like that one. This way it at least makes sense we don't already know advanced technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                              Its strange that Maniac is so in love with Yang, considering how the Hive was so opposed in ACDG2
                              Remember, the CyCon wanted a coop victory with the Hive!

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                              That also explains why Yang didn't appear in ACDG2. He 'accidentally' fell into a dimensional gate and was thrown to Earth (or Kobol, to explain the different continents) a long time ago. Of course after receiving a longevity treatment. And we could be the crew who were so unlucky to be in his recon rover while stumbling upon the dimensional gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X