Amish school massacre -- a "number" of people dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish school massacre -- a "number" of people dead

Wow. I guess these things can happen anyplace. No Marilyn Manson or death metal required, apparently. These folks are straight out of the 19th century.

Guess he was sick of walking to school without shoes on.

From AP...

Police say 'a number' of people dead in shooting at Amish school in Pennsylvania

NICKEL MINES, Pa. -- A gunman killed "a number" of people at a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday in Pennsylvania's bucolic Lancaster County, state police said.

The shooter was among the dead, and a number of people were injured, said state police Cpl. Ralph Striebig.

"There are a number of people dead," Striebig said. "The exact number I do not know yet."

Police surrounded the one-room school late Monday morning, and the Lancaster County 911 Web site reported that dozens of emergency units were dispatched to a "medical emergency" at 10:45 a.m.

Two hours later, about three dozen people in traditional Amish clothing, hats and bonnets stood near the small school building speaking to one another, several young people and authorities. At least two ambulances had left the scene, and at least one person was taken on a stretcher to a medical helicopter.

Officials at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center confirmed that victims were being admitted there. A spokeswoman said the hospital anticipated more than one patient, but did not know how many.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Number's at six people.

Bizarre. That'll teach you to mock his butter-churnin ability.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

I just saw on TV that two young children were killed.

This is the third school shooting in a week
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

How sad.

That's only 30 miles from where I work; but I always tell my co-workers that everything west of here might as well be in Ohio. Still, brings the whole school shooting trend closer to home.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Early prediction - the shooter wasn't Amish.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

What possible reason would the Amish be targeted? Unless this guy was born Amish, decided modern life was for him, was admonished for it by his Amish community, and returned to exact revenge, I just don't see what the f*ck the Amish did to deserve anything, let alone the slaughter of little Amish children. Jesus butter-churning Christ.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

You'd rather the guy have inappropriate sexual relations the little Amish children?
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Early prediction - the shooter wasn't Amish.
                    True.

The gunman, Charles Carl Roberts IV, was a truck driver, said Miller. He was not Amish.

A heavily armed truck driver who was prepared for a long standoff barricaded himself in a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, killing five girls execution-style before killing himself, police said.

They are saying he was getting revenge for something that happened 20 years ago. All the victims were girls that had their feet tied and were shot "execution style". Sick.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Guy was a milk truck driver.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ. Awful.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm a little busy right now but I'll just say this: Imagine having THIS happen down the road from YOUR house.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I don't have to. An office shooting happened in Jax just after I moved there. Everywhere I work, I check out all the possible exits, just in case there's a gunman. We did have to evacuate a few months back when there was a gunman in the building across the street.

Now that I think about it, too much interesting stuff happens near me.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                              I'm a little busy right now but I'll just say this: Imagine having THIS happen down the road from YOUR house.
                              You're a voter, first thing that you should be asking is "How did this guy get a gun?"

Then "How can we stop guys like him from getting guns in the future?"

Comment

Working...
                              X