The old thread can be found here:

All I can say is...

da BEARS!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Week 4

All I can say is...

da PATRIOTS!

I watched the Colts-Jets game live. The Jets run defense looked pathetic, but the Bengals run defense looked even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
      But a hell of a lot of the improvement comes from Rex. Although he's still running backwards like an idiot when pursued by a pass rush, he's still getting impatient and throwing it deep when there's nobody open there, and he's still jumpy under pressure, a lot has clicked. He's put up a good showing against a legitimate defense. Maybe when he gets injured this year, people will actually care.

What game did you watch last night? It must not have been the Bear/Seahawk game.

Yes, he does still backpeddle under a pass rush, but it is avoiding it (mostly. I think they got him once last night)

Getting impatient and jumpy? Not a chance. He did try and force thing a couple of times last week, but not this week. If nothing was there, he didn't get nervous, jumpy or try to make a play. He ate it or threw it away. Rex Brokeman Grossman played with poise and convidence all night long.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Those *&6%^@%#* Pats find a new way to not suck every **(&^$%^ year.
        What?

Comment

I guess the interesting thing to see is if he can stay healthy. Though if he does go down, Griese is a far better option than Orton was last season. Speaking of Griese, how many Bears fans are clamoring for him now?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Griese who?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I must admit I was skeptical of the Bears over the last few weeks and though Seattle would give them a run, in fact, thought Seattle would win. Dese Bears are for reals!
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It's still early, but being 4-0 beats the 3-1 I was hoping they'd be at this point. They looked pretty damn good last night. I hope they look equally as good next week. Rex continues to look good. And I'm glad we have a better back up.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah. September the Bears played against their divison. Packers and Lions are real tests . Vikings almost had them.
                  Yesterday, a Seattle team forced into playing a one dimensional game plan.
                  Sava doesn't acknowledge that with Alexander in the game, the Bears have the ball a lot less, and the passing game opens up. That's ok. Love is blind.

November.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Somehow though I don't think Alexander would have made enough difference yesterday. It might have been a different game but I think the outcome would have been the same.

And playing in the rollerdome is never a sure thing.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The announcers were trying to claim that Alexander being in the game would not have made much difference... I would love to have some of what they were smoking...

Yeah, Alexander would have made a difference. But I still think the Bears would have won. The offense was solid, and actually put some points up after the turn overs. And the defense looked stellar! Yeah, being forced to pass can make any QB look bad, but MH didn't have much time to throw. Overall, and impressive victory by da BEARS!
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So... do we start barking yet (al la '85)?
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I like the Bears, don't get me wrong.

Don't bark yet. I wouldn't want you to look dumb. This is not 1985.
                          Win November games, then start growling a little.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hmmm, here's there schedule for the end of October through the end.

Oct 29 San Francisco
                            Nov 5 Miami
                            Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
                            Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
                            Nov 26 @New England
                            Dec 3 Minnesota
                            Dec 11 @St. Louis
                            Dec 17 Tampa Bay
                            Dec 24 @Detroit
                            Dec 31 Green Bay

Not exactly a daunting schedule. Not of lot of tough teams if you take out New England.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
                              Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
                              Nov 26 @New England

Right. An "Away" game streak against teams that you can't really term patsies. Win those.

Comment

Working...
                              X