Reynolds, Sid, Firaxis, and Dinos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reynolds, Sid, Firaxis, and Dinos...

Reynolds, Sid, Firaxis, and Dinos.... or what this game represents to me.

First, a little bit about what I look for in a computer game. I'm not one of those people that go out and buy a new game every week. I much more prefer a good quality game with LOTS of replayability cause that is what I will do with it.. replay.. replay.. replay. I want a game that will hold my attention for more then a few weeks. The ones I rank at the highest in my eyes are Civ I and II, SMAC(X), Starcraft, and currently Pharoah and I'll give Diablo II and Dinos a go when they come out (assuming the early reviews don't utterly stink).

So for my taste, Firaxis is producing the kind of games I am interested in... however.. My only real experience with the company is with SMAC(X).. Great game.. but, it has WAY more then it's share of flaws. Yet, even with this, it somehow manages to rank right up there at the top of the list. So Firaxis is diffentatly doing something right in game design, if they can produce a 'lower' quality product (my opionion) and still keep me glued to the monitor.

My point is.. where and who is primarily respondable for the great design and who is respondable for the 'lower' quality.. Brian? Sid? or was the company just struggling to get SMAC out to recoup some intial investments and had to let some quality suffer? was it startup problems, lack of talent, no comunication, bad project management, or is someone at the company nothing more then a money grubbing lil' weasel.. the list goes on.

I can't find a good forum that covers Firaxis' civil war games to see if what I consider flaws were 'expressed' in those products as well. I guess I am hopeing that the Reynolds-Sid spilt will at least partly seperate the good of Firaxis' games from the bad, and Dinos will hopefully be all wheat and no chaff 'cause I've already got the Dino-itch. Hopeing almost agianst hope that Dinosaurs will ROAR to the top of the charts.. not whimper it's way to the half-price bin (along with Firaxis)

If not... there will 'eventually' be another company (maybe Big Huge Games) that will put together awesome gameplay, high quality, and a gamestyle I like. (I just don't like waiting )

my $.02

------------------
    "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"
Working...
X