how to play Multiplayer via internet ? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to play Multiplayer via internet ? :(

today i spend ~ 6 hours to play a CTP2 game via internet with a friend, we tried all, BattleLan, Hamachi and stuff,
    we can see us in the lobby but it wont let us join a game that the other opens.
    we tried IPX and TCP/IP,
    internet is waiting for server for an unlimited time.
    how you guys here play multiplayer via internet?

edit we at first used 1.11 -> played ~20minutes -> crash
    then a playtest version something from 2004 (the one in download area) -> crash at entering the game
    and then at last the actual playtest -> we see us in lobby when we use hamachi, but it wont let us join
    Last edited by kazoitez; September 23, 2006, 14:44.

Forget about the 2004 playtest version. That one is way too old.

Firstly, try to write down the exact configuration you were using with the working 1.11 version. If you were able to play the game for 20 minutes, your connection settings were most likely OK.

Next, repeat the same configuration with the current playtest release. There are a number of known bugs that may cause a game crash, and some of those have been solved in the playtest release. Don't forget to set EnableLogs=True in userprofile.txt. If there is a crash, the information in the generated crash.txt may help us in repairing it.

Comment

i also got now the servers.dat file.
      since i got this i can see a server, and me and my friend was able to chat in there,
      but it also wont let me join his game, or let him join my game.
      i now enabled that log thing, and then we try to play MP tomorrow.

Comment

Was there a error message, something like databases out of sync?

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X