Are we fair to animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we fair to animals?

So I was going to do some laundery (am up any how). And right in the door way to the laundery building a huge (over an inch in diameter) spider had built a large web. The web was quite impressing looking, but I couldn't help but be saddened by the fact that it probably won't be there 24 hours from now.. and perhaps the spider might even be dead then.

I mean, should I maybe move the spider now, before someone who isn't as interested in it's well being kills it?

The web was large enough that if I went in in one course, I would have gotten some of it on me.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Don't move it! This would be ethnic cleansing!

You may only move it away if it agrees.
    Blah

Comment

Re: Are we fair to animals?

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I mean, should I maybe kill the spider now, before someone who isn't as interested in it's well being kills it?
      That's a good question. Don't know, listen to your conscience.

Comment

bring it back to your place
        CSPA

Comment

I don't know if that it is a she spider.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Are animals fair to us? Spiders have eight legs, I have only two!
            Blah

Comment

Well, I am going back. I will probably just leave it be.

When I walked by before, it looked startled to see me.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                Are animals fair to us? Spiders have eight legs, I have only two!
                Soon we will be able to correct nature's mistakes.
                "cover: How hard is it to build a replacement for the human hand? Currently the best prosthetic hands look like pincers and have limited functional capabilities. A research program by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to build smarter upper-limb prostheses may change that (see page 24). Proto 2, shown, has a mechanical frame with 22 joints controlled by 11 tendons, along with pressure-, vibration-, joint-, and heat-sensing capabilities that connect to the wearer's neural system. Proto 2 can pick up an egg without breaking it, or throw a ball. (Image courtesy of New World Associates, Inc.)"
                From the current Physics Today

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  I don't know if that it is a she spider.

JM

Don't feel bad. Spiders who don't get their webs torn up probably just sit there, really bored, miserable. Pondering when they'll get a chance to make a new one. It's what they do!

Comment

I think it would be readable with any two of these words:

if that it

Three is overkill.

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Agreed. But in all fairness, it was the remark in itself that got me laughing, not your generosity with words.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        Don't move it! This would be ethnic cleansing!

You may only move it away if it agrees.
                        LMOL

side note, insects ain't no animal
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

yes, they are clearly vegetables

I say leave the spiders be unless they are in your house. Its daddy long legs season and theres good eating in them if youre a spider
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

An Ohio family is staying away from their front porch these days. A huge super spider has been spinning a web on the front porch of a home near Akron. Experts say the large golden silk spider is pretty harmless.

But his size is enough to freak someone out. The yellow spider measures nearly six inches long. It's pretty rare that spiders like this are seen up north.

The family happened to be in South Carolina earlier this year, so this spider may have been a hitchhiker. Varieties such as this have been known to hitch rides on cars, trucks and even luggage coming up from the south.

Right now, the family is just leaving the spider alone. They're hoping someone will adopt it and take it home before the cold weather comes and kills it.
                            Link

Monkey!!!

Comment

Fair to animals? Hell yes! If you reversed the size difference between your spider friend and yourself, you think it would give a second's thought before devouring you?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X