Zune announced today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zune announced today

Find the latest technology news and expert tech product reviews. Learn about the latest gadgets and consumer tech products for entertainment, gaming, lifestyle and more.

Specs:
    • WiFi
    • 30GB
    • FM tuner
    • 3" display
    • Video, music, photo support
    • Audio codecs: MP3, WMA, AAC
    • Video codecs: WMV, h.264

As for ballyhoo, wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing is where the real action is at, and it works pretty much like we've been hearing: you can share a full-length track with a friend, and they've got three times to listen to it over a three day period, after which they can flag the song for purchase on the Zune Marketplace -- unless they're an unlimited "Zune Pass" subscriber, of course. You can also share playlists and pictures with your buddies, along with what we suppose are "unprotected" homemade recordings. So far Microsoft isn't mentioning Live Anywhere functionality, but they do hint heavily at future software updates to take even better advantage of the wireless capabilities. Of course, it all really comes down to matching your Zune with that snazzy new fall wardrobe of yours, and to that end the Zune comes in black, brown and white. Sadly, Microsoft still won't spill the beans on pricing and availability, so we'll keep an eye out for that just like always.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

First off, Brown -- WTF?

Second off, Toshiba is to manufacture these.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The "Zune Marketplace" is how MS will sell music:

Also, Altec Lansing, DLO, Griffin, Klipsch, Logitech, Harman Kardan are all going to launch accessories for the Zune.

Comment

I was sure about it, my friend told me, everybody told me!!!
        Microsoft is the D3ViL!
        Attached Files
        bleh

Comment

The brown one looks ok to me. Nothing wrong with that.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Looks interesting, but if I can't put non-DRM music on it I ain't buying. Period.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Music who gives a rip. When is MS going to have a video store that can rival Itunes?

I want tv show wmv's for pocket PC that I can download.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                Looks interesting, but if I can't put non-DRM music on it I ain't buying. Period.
                What?

MP3s can't support DRM...

It supports WMA (DRM is included by whoever rips it...so pirated songs/your songs you rip shouldn't have it), MP3, and AAC -- all of which work without DRM.

Comment

I agree with Imran. Brown is beautiful, but not on an MP3 player.

Very nice screen. The Zune looks slick with the screen on.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Comment

If the price is competitive with the iPod (and why wouldn't it be), I think the Zune will be very successful. Great looks on it and a fabulous screen.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That name sounds like it belongs to a Saturday-morning cartoon villain.

"The Light Agent Force has entered our citadel, Lord Zune."
                        "How dare they? Crush them, my faithful Zuneloids!"
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"Zune" sounds a bit like "zoune", which means "dick" here in Québec.
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Looks as if they stole the designers from Sony..
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              "Zune" sounds a bit like "zoune", which means "dick" here in Québec.
                              Maybe it's actually MS's answer to the Wii.

Comment

Working...
                              X