`Civilization Chronicles` announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `Civilization Chronicles` announced

Gaming site WorthPlaying reports that 2K Games and Firaxis have announced today that they are releasing a new product: Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles. This is a behemoth package composed of all 4 base Civilization games and 5 expansions: Sid Meier's Civilization I, Sid Meier's Civilization II, Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds, Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization, Civilization II: Test of Time, Sid Meier's Civilization III, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests and Sid Meier's Civilization IV. The latest Warlords expansion for Civilization IV will not be part of this set. Also included will be a number of extras:
    • Civilization: The Card Game: An original tabletop card game designed by Civilization IV lead designer Soren Johnson, featuring more than 250 custom cards and rules based on Civilization IV.
    • The Chronicles of Civilization: A 96-page book containing the history of Civilization, as told through interviews with past Civilization designers, an interview with Sid Meier and lead designer Soren Johnson, an article by journalist and author Steven L. Kent on the significance of the series in the computer gaming industry, and other original literature.
    • Video DVD: DVD content includes a detailed presentation by lead designer Soren Johnson and artist Dorian Newcomb about the creation of Civilization IV, complemented by gameplay footage of every iteration of the game, game trailers from the Civilization series and more.
    • Even more! Other exciting extras for fans and newcomers alike include printed tech tree posters from each game, wallpaper images, podcast MP3s and more!

This product will be avaible in stores in the US in October and have a suggested retail price of $69.99. Release dates and prices for other parts of the world are not mentioned. Thanks to civilized.de for the news tip.
    Wow, especially those extras sound pretty cool. Only problem is the price: I already have most of the games (the ones I want to have anyway) so ~€60 for a cardgame, a book and a DVD is a bit much if you ask me. (That's assuming they're going to sell this in Europe at all.)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Ouch... Red text is not readable with the SMAC theme.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Also, according to http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/07/2k...ade-empire-pc/ there might be something called "Sid and Nancy's Civilization 2K6: Stoned Age" included.

Currently $69.99 = €54.98 = £37.23 = $91.32 (Aus) = $77.68 (Can) = $107.68 (NZ) which isn't too bad considering you do get the entire series as well as the extras (even if you've already got them).

Shame Warlords is missing, though.
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
        there might be something called "Sid and Nancy's Civilization 2K6: Stoned Age" included.
        Pretty sure that's a joke...

this is a pretty nice compilation, though man, those older games are going to feel really dated.

Comment

Hopefully they'll update them enough to let them all work on WinXP.

Comment

Picture of the whole set (from Gamespot):

Comment

It's a nice idea. Since I don't have either of the Civ2 expansions or Civ3 Conquest, I might be tempted.
              However, looking at the picture, I'm afraid they didn't include printed manuals.

Comment

Neither Firaxis.com nor 2kGames.com make any mention of this pack

Comment

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDeta...leaseID=210191

Comment

That's still not Firaxis.com or 2kGames.com

Comment

Nice money spinner. 'You bought it before, you're gonna buy it again.'

Comment

I miss the Civ2 Multiplayer Gold Edition.
                        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                        The Spanish Civilization Site
                        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

anyone whos never played Civ I should pick this up and give it a whirl, just to see how dominant chariots used to be. its amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            Nice money spinner. 'You bought it before, you're gonna buy it again.'
                            Yes, it is rather unashamed, but it's as good a method as any to encourage the development of sequels to Colonization or Alpha Centauri or the creation of new turn-based games of a "Civish" nature.

Besides, the card game (if it's any good) might prove a clever tool to attract a new audience. The lack of a proper documentation would be a problem, though. (The original Civ manual was the best ever!)

Comment

I might actually buy this if they put all the games on 1 DVD rather than 20 CD's.

Comment

Working...
                              X