Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converted scenarios...

There are a few bad apples about.

Send,send.It might take a while for them to appear but send.

What do you have?

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Converted scenarios...

How often is the mac civ 2 site updated? Up until recently I thought I was on my own as a Mac civer . I have been converting and playing PC scenarios for years. I used Appolyton a lot but wasn't aware of the mac section.
    I might send you a few of them (i have atleast 50-70) for posting if you would wan't them...
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 01-09-2001 03:50 PM
      There are a few bad apples about.

BAD as in bad-ass, world conquerors! Right?

quote:

Send,send.It might take a while for them to appear but send.

What do you have?

INDEED! Do send them, but do so in small sets of say 10 scenarios (70 all at once would send me into shock and I'd never get them posted.

As to the Mac page, no it really has never had a proper update. The original creator, Romulo Romero, created the site before the release of Civ2(he was beta tester for Civ2 MPG, checkout the credits in the back of the manual, or in the application/game). His intent was to hype the newest Mac game and post updates on the latest mac news. By the time I came along, he had pretty much lost interest in Civ and while looking for help, he was REALLY interested in passing the torch.

I had volunteered to "help", mostly because I wanted there to be a good spot for information about the latest Civ2 MPG Patch (we had, what, 5 or 6?), a spot to download the patch and to offer support for Mac games in the dark years before the iMac gave Apple a boost. At the time, my only real interest was in the Patches and I knew NOTHING about html and web creation. That and chemists are not known for stellar art and web design. So, with some help and encouragement form DanQ and MarkG, I got my feet wet in web creation (MarkG gets all the praise and credit for the cool iMac header! ) I learned enough to create a web site for my local Cub Scout District, but I'm still a LONG way from a "webmaster!" Really, the Civ2-Mac Forum has been the most helpful tool in supporting and encouraging the Mac versions of Civ.

Currently the Mac page is really only useful for sharing scenarios. Toward that end, long term I intend to pull down most of what Romulo posted. All the info on the "new" Civ2 is useless, and the scenario conversion info is WAY dated in light of our new conversion scripts. Unfortunately, I'm feeling close to the way Romulo felt, in that other things have priority over the Civ page (read as Cub Scouts and family stuff). Hopefully, I'll make time to work on the page soon. I could tell myself the Scout Leader recruiting line," It only takes an hour a week...!" If your in Scouting you'll understand.

------------------
      Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

So I should send them 10 at a time. Which should I begin whit? Some of the scenarios have converted are already posted. How would you like Seconnd Front by Captain Nemo? Or should I begin whit some of John Ellis Scenarios (collonies III, Bonaparte, Hundred Years War, Hellas). I used to have Spartacus by Alex Mor but I trashed it in need of space. I did the same thing whit a couple of other scenarios (like: Shanaras Sword). Should it be WW2 scenarios? Medieval scenarios? What categories should I send first?
        Also I wonder: Are the scenarios allready posted of the latest version (there was a new version of Red Front recently). Some things are truly new to me: I could never make a delevent file. When I wanted to load new events I saved as a scenario and changed the files manually. I might use that delevent file in my upcomming 30 years war scenario.

Comment

Wow, I never counted how many PC scenarios I had converted...

I have 84 of them, and that's just in my "Historical Scenarios" folder.

----------------------------------------
          EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
          and
          Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Comment

I never counted them either. But when I realized that this was where most mac players got their scenarios I thought: Why not share some of my scenarios (I converted all of them manually by the way). So which ones should I send first?

Comment

Second Front.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Make that v1.1 of Second Front if you can.
                Note:v1.1 is in FW not MPGE so I don't know if it is possable to convert this verson on a Mac. So far that is the only downloadable verson of that scenario verson
                (v1.1). Also if you do convert Second Front you will have to make a new delevent file, because the current one does not support hotseat games.

Comment

Note:v1.1 is in FW not MPGE so I don't know if it is possable to convert this verson on a Mac. So far that is the only downloadable verson of that scenario verson
                  (v1.1). Also if you do convert Second Front you will have to make a new delevent file, because the current one does not support hotseat games.

Comment

Comment

There is a MGE version of second front (I have it). Don't know about the delevent file (I can't make those myself). Something I found to be very bad whit second front is that since we have MGE we can't watch enemy moves (atleast not in hotseat, if you can get someone to play the RAF for you over a LAN or the internet then everything is fine). But my question is still the same: Which scenarios should I send first (except for second front which seems to be popular). If I am to send them in groups of ten then I need to know which ones is requested first.

Comment

I'm not really sure that it matters what order that you send them. More important would be a short (paragraph or so discription and a screen shot. I'm thinkin of making an index page with general catagories and author name that links to an individual page with the screen shot and description. From that page you would download if interested. This might be more organized than the random order that I've been using.

------------------
                        Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
                        - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
                        "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
                        X