No announcement yet.

Anyone care for a new warlords game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I teach at a university and, depending on the students, sometimes my job is fun. It's always interesting, in any case.
    For fun I practise photography. This sometimes gives me a headache but it is generally a good way to relieve stress.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Game is live and the tracker thread is up:

Comment

When I was in school the teachers were struggling for better working conditions and pay. I thought it was weird how they were adding so much value to us when teaching us the skills and facts we needed for the rest of our lives yet they were rewarded so little.

How do you feel the rewards you get from teaching in uni compares to the value you add to your students?

Comment

I sometimes feel that I am getting too much money for what I do because it is difficult to see immediate results. I teach English as a foreign language and there is usually little change in a student's ability from the beginning of a term to the end of a term. And many students are simply not interested in learning English so I sometimes feel I'm wasting my time and the student's time.
          But sometimes a student will say to me, "I've come to appreciate English from taking your class," or "I didn't think much of foreigners until I met you and then I realised that we're all basically the same." It's those times I really think I'm contributing something to the students and, perhaps, the world.

Comment

Amazing! I love it when you get to contribute to change in a person like that. When something wasn't there before, or maybe it was there all the time but now the person sees it for the first time and expands their awareness.

Comment

Spoken like a true coach.

Comment

Would you be interested in teaching other subjects?

Comment

I don't really know anything else. I wonder if there are any Civ majors at my school . . . ?

Comment

Ha, ha, ha. What about life skills? Communication skills? Networking skills? How to be rich and happy?

Comment

I would have to teach that kind of thing in Korean and my language skills aren't quite there yet. Sometimes I buy a student or two lunch. That makes them happy for an hour or so.

Comment

Lunch always make people happy

Tax-Free lunch is even better

When you're ready, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                        X