New Theory of Black Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecthy

You know exactly I was talking about your mentioning of that Schwarzschild thing which a layman obviously knows nothing about. But just keep on alling people stupid, it supports my point
    I'd like to point out that I went on to explain what the Schwarzschild radius was. With a little bit of patience you would have seen that. My followup post simply took a bit of time to write as I had to integrate a simple, though not tivial expression after rewriting.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm bloody tired of the neo-racism in astronomy. Why aren't there white holes? White dwarves, sure, small insignificant things. But something huge, powerfull, sure, it needs to be named "black" something. Why not Tyrone, or Darnell, while they're at it? Hmmpuh.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Don't forget Red Dwarves... as if our genocide of the Native Americans wasn't enough.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What I'm wondering about is why Berz left the Babylonians and Atlantis out of his theory.
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

I was having a good day.

And then I opened this thread.

Thanks.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

You fundamentally misunderstood what a black hole is, who taught you science?

Originally posted by Berzerker
              Actually my theory, I think

Are black holes really black?

No, we cant see them physically because they're so heavy for their size they sink below the visible horizon. Put a bowling ball on a mattress and it sinks down but you can still see the upper part of the ball. But if the ball is heavy enough it will sink down below the horizontal (visible horizon) of the mattress.

But as you approach the ball you can begin to see it because you're now on the curvature of space created by the ball or black hole. Think of a ship caught in a whirlpool, as the ship approaches the center passengers can look down and see the "black hole". Sound reasonable?
              Attached Files

Comment

Actually my theory, I think

Are black holes really black?

No, we cant see them physically because they're so heavy for their size they sink below the visible horizon. Put a bowling ball on a mattress and it sinks down but you can still see the upper part of the ball. But if the ball is heavy enough it will sink down below the horizontal (visible horizon) of the mattress.

But as you approach the ball you can begin to see it because you're now on the curvature of space created by the ball or black hole. Think of a ship caught in a whirlpool, as the ship approaches the center passengers can look down and see the "black hole". Sound reasonable?
                It's not a bad thought. The problem is that the 'ball on a mattress' analogy is just an analogy. You're taking properties of the analogy and attempting to use them to say something about the original problem. It's similar to a strawman argument.

I'm not sure what happens to space very near a black hole. I don't think anybody can know at present, because big G is almost certainly an approximation of something far more complicated, and yet unknown.

Comment

hi DrS

Originally posted by DrS
                  Welcome to Apolyton

Did KrazyHorse bring you here?

Comment

Re: You fundamentally misunderstood what a black hole is, who taught you science?

Originally posted by VJ

Comment

Nah, I was originally here 8 yrs ago, then I stepped out for 5.

Just poking around to see what's up.

Comment

You missed the best years of Apolyton. It's all down hill from here.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Where were you at?

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DrS
                            Nah, I was originally here 8 yrs ago, then I stepped out for 5.

Just poking around to see what's up.
                            That's what they all say :unconvinced:
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm glad that KH knows one thing well. Otherwise he'd have no basis whatsoever to criticize people. What would he be like if he studied human relations instead? Do you think he'd sound intelligent enuff in that case to know better than insult an audience filled with people he does not know. Somehow I doubt it.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I know a number of things quite well, which is more than most human beings can honestly claim.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X