No announcement yet.

New Theory of Black Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many can make the claim, but not so many can make it accurately.

Edit: Did I miss the honesty part. Monkeys.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

In an effort to liven up the discussion a little, I'd like to point to a theory I had in Middle School: The universe is a giant pool table. The planets are balls, the comets are the cue, black holes are the pockets. Comets rarely, if ever, strike planets. This is because God is profoundly drunk, which also explains many other things about the world as we know it.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

black hoes

Comment

Hah! When KH picks up his Nobel Prize for Physics we can boast we knew him from this Interwebs forum we used to visit
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
            Hah! When KH picks up his Nobel Prize for Physics we can boast we knew him from this Interwebs forum we used to visit
            You get Nobel Prizes for Freshman Year Physics now?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

I'm talking forty years from now. Although I won't be around to brag about it anymore
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                In an effort to liven up the discussion a little, I'd like to point to a theory I had in Middle School: The universe is a giant pool table. The planets are balls, the comets are the cue, black holes are the pockets. Comets rarely, if ever, strike planets. This is because God is profoundly drunk, which also explains many other things about the world as we know it.
                I once had a theory that all of our stupid equations to figure out the kinetic energy of objects were long and stupid because duh e=mc^2 so why do you need to know anything else if you've got the mass. Not really a theory, exactly... I was very young.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  I'm bloody tired of the neo-racism in astronomy. Why aren't there white holes? White dwarves, sure, small insignificant things. But something huge, powerfull, sure, it needs to be named "black" something. Why not Tyrone, or Darnell, while they're at it? Hmmpuh.
                  You get a point for a funny.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

General relativity is a freshman course? What university are we talking about here?

I took it in junior year.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

All the gr I had was in a freshman course. But it was just qualitative stuff...

It is the only class I intend to ever take again.,

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That is to say, I am a 4th year grad student, and I haven't atken GR. And the majority of 4th year graduate students haven't.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

GR was an elective for me if I remember correctly. Took cosmology and GR in my senior year, or maybe my super-senior year... don't remember. Didn't take it in grad school.

The real men took field theory.

Comment

Yaeh, I have had 3-4 field theory classes.

I think KH has had more.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

It is the only class I intend to ever take again.
                              If you're 4th year, you don't need to take it. It's just matrix algebra.

Comment

Yaeh, I have had 3-4 field theory classes.

I think KH has had more.
                                Mine was a two-semester sequence. I think my prof had his text online... lemme check.

Comment

Working...
                                X