Marathon Mode Patch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon Mode Patch???

Quick question for anyone out there in CivIV world. I was reading about the Marathon Mode and it sounded pretty cool, but I don't know where to get it. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Thanks

When setting up a new game, you should be able to change the game speed in the same dialog where you select difficulty level.

Comment

Is Marathon the same as Epic?

Comment

No, Marathon is longer than Epic. Make sure you have the latest patch (1.61 if you don't have Warlords).
        - Dregor

Comment

The Splendor of Marathon (speed, as in SNAIL pace )!

1200 turns
          Everything takes 3 times as long as normal speed
          ... except for training your units, which only takes twice as many hammers
          ... and anarchy periods, which are only twice as long

This is THE speed to play (for me)!

Comment

If you are connected to the internet (as you appear to be ), just click update in the Civ 4 main menu. It might be under advanced tab. The game will automatically download the patch (assuming it's not blocked by a firewall)

Comment

You gotta get Marathon - only way to play!
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Marathon
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yup, marathon is the only speed I play.... everything else seems watered down for some reason.
                  ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info guys.

Originally posted by dregor
                    No, Marathon is longer than Epic. Make sure you have the latest patch (1.61 if you don't have Warlords).
                    Does Warlords have Marathon incorporated into it already? I bought it a few weeks ago, but I haven't looked yet. Do I still need the 1.61 Patch w/ Warlords?

I've been playing Civilization since Civ II came out, and it's always been the same thing, same tempo.... with some slight differences. I want to change it up a little!!

Comment

1.61 is built into Warlords.

Marathon has more of the "feel" of Civ II, in my opinion.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Marathon gives you the entire game, basically, and it holds nothing back, giving you the entire experience, albeit in a sometimes-tedious package.

Epic is simply shorter.

Comment

Working...
                        X