No announcement yet.

New PBEM games, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polarnomad, most people play deity when it is just humans as it let's the game last longer and make it more challenging, and more fun.

The only time deity is impossible is when it is against AI.

Comment

Ah yes, I see your point.

Well, if someone wants another player to clobber on then I would be up for a game. I started one with a few others last year, but someone dropped out, and the game came to a standstill. I did enjoy it while it lasted though. Haven't tried one since, if you don't count C4DG.

Comment

any games of pbem that start you can include me, i need practice.

I never palyed above noble level and that was only for like a few hours of boredom so i went back to Settler mucg more fun
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

How is settler fun?

The only time deity is impossible is when it is against AI.
          It isn't impossible anytime

Well, if only you find yourself in a few tile peninsula blocked by Ghengis Khan..
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

...with raging barbarians.

Comment

Well, if you're taking raging barbarians, you can still do good with Incas or Aztecs who have good units that don't require special resources (like quechua and jaguar warrior).

Actually worth trying
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                Well, if you're taking raging barbarians, you can still do good with Incas or Aztecs who have good units that don't require special resources (like quechua and jaguar warrior).

Actually worth trying
                Not all of us are as clever as you are

I dont study the intricacies of the game, i dont micro manage my cities i leave that to the Auto overnor to do, I dont examine every research option to figure where i going, i choose diferent paths each game to see what happens.

I also find that no early units are good enough to beat an AI so have to wait till cavalry to arrive to start any wars. I have heard people speak of Warrior rushes but all my warriors always lose against the AI citys and even lose often agaisnt the Barbarians.

Comment

Originally posted by polarnomad
                  Ah yes, I see your point.

Well, if someone wants another player to clobber on then I would be up for a game. I started one with a few others last year, but someone dropped out, and the game came to a standstill. I did enjoy it while it lasted though. Haven't tried one since, if you don't count C4DG.
                  alright, you're on! Read the first post, follow the instructions and PM or email me your email addy. Then, I'll start the game, send you the save and away we go!
                  "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Not all of us are as clever as you are

I dont study the intricacies of the game, i dont micro manage my cities i leave that to the Auto overnor to do, I dont examine every research option to figure where i going, i choose diferent paths each game to see what happens.

I also find that no early units are good enough to beat an AI so have to wait till cavalry to arrive to start any wars. I have heard people speak of Warrior rushes but all my warriors always lose against the AI citys and even lose often agaisnt the Barbarians.
                    The intention of my post was not to show Im any smarter or anysuch, I was just questioning impossibility of the said game settings.

Warrior rushes are useless actually for anything but killing workers and disrupting infrastructure.

If you feel like trying some rush again, try quechua rush - build some 6-7 quechuas from the game start without a single interruption in production and send them out towards your opponent.
                    Both AI and human are usually guarding cities with archers in early game (AI's doing so up to crossbows/longbows), so it's possible to rush them with quechuas, who have a strenght of 4 vs archers (2base + 100%) and can have even more if you get at least one upgrade by killing a barb.

EDIT: whoops, I just exposed my strategy..

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Treize

alright, you're on! Read the first post, follow the instructions and PM or email me your email addy. Then, I'll start the game, send you the save and away we go!
                      Ok, cool. I'll not be able to get around to it until this weekend though. Am swamped with work.

Comment

Colonel, how are you doing?

I mean if you're back and have sent your turn to me, I haven't yet recieved it.

Comment

Alright, I'll attempt to send it again. I have been having problems with email accounts and spam filters, in my games here and at the Ladder.
                          "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy

Comment

again i interested if someone starts one.

Comment

I would actually be up for a CU game too. I completed the Mongol scenario, but other than that I have very little Warlords game time under my sleeve.

Otherwise, if you guys want to set up a 3 human game then I would be cool with just about any settings, as long as it's not too big, the difficulty is set to Prince or Monarch, the speed to normal, and the map isn't flat. Random Leader will do me just fine.

EDIT: Vanilla or Warlords
                                Last edited by polarnomad; September 6, 2006, 11:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X