Abstract Antics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abstract Antics

OK folks, looking to start a PBEM up on either the Highlands map or the Ring map.

Looking for upwards of seven players, any spaces not taken by real people will be taken by AI. Enthusiast players valued over experienced ones. Would like to get this up and running as soon as possible and rotating as quickly as possible!!!

Looking to play at anything between Noble and Monarch. Barbarians will be raging mad so look out for them!

First option is Highlands : Looking at long dense ridges of mountains interspersed with lakes and seas for a bit of naval fun. Obviously mountains will channel the action and create choke points so should throw up some interesting tactics!!
    Attached Files
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Second option is Ring : Each player has an area of their own in the outer ring. Each area of the ring is connected by a thinner collar to another on either side. In the centre is an unsettled landmass which will need ocean going boats to be able to get to it. Obviously boats will be the order of the day at some stage and should see some nautical nightmares later in the game. The central landmass could well contain some vital resources!
    Attached Files
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

The above two images are examples only, just so you can see what you will be getting yourself into!!

If you are interested please post you email address, time zone, and whether you have Warlords or not. If all players have Warlords then we could play with that, otherwise we will use Vanilla Civ.

To save time maybe you could post your Civ of choice for Warlords / Vanilla so we can get this baby moving.

Any suggestions / requests are welcome!!!
      Last edited by RobWorham; August 19, 2006, 01:02.

Comment

OK, to get the ball rolling.........

robworham ta hotmail tod com

NZ : GMT +12

Vanilla : Catherine of Russia ??
        Warlords : Augustus of Rome ??

If anyone particularly wants one of the above then I'm easy.......

Comment

This sounds exciting so count me in!

I prefer the second option of the ring world. And as I have Warlords I would be keen to use this if everyone else also has it.

So here are my details:

femme.nz ta hotmail tod com

NZ timezone (GMT +12)

Civ choices:

Vanilla: Julius Caesar

Warlords: Churchill

P.S. To anyone else that is interested in joining this game, RobWorham and I are married so please let us know if you have any objections to us both being in this game and I will pull out.
          Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
          Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I'm in but I don't have warlords sorry.

I like the ring map, but not bothered either way as I've not played either map before.

GMT +9.5

strudo76 ta gmail tod com

I don't usually pick a specific civ, but put me down for Quin.

Comment

I was thinking about another Warlords PBEM so would prefer that (but am happy to play vanilla).

cerberusiv (at) eircom (dot) net

GMT

Vanilla - Huayna Capac

Warlords - Ragnar if a Ring map, Mehmed if Highlands

One thought - keep it to no more than four players and let AI's have the rest (at least one AI per player). I've never been in a PBEM with more than four players that has kept running for very long. If it is a Warlords game that makes vassalising AI's possible too, which could get interesting.

FeMme - As you are married to Rob I look forward to seeing the two of you spend the entire game locked in permanent war rather than co-operating whilst the rest of us just play.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Point taken CerberusIV but I have invited some players who I know (hope) are enthusiastic so I'm hoping this one will be different!!

Comment

Count me in!

Map - Highlands (but won't pack a sad if it is ring)

matt_christa_inalice (ta) hotmail (tod) com

GMT +12

Vanilla - Saladin (for something different)

Warlords - Stalin.
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Noble?
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

OK, update time

So far we have.......(in play order)

RobWorham - NZ GMT+12 - Either map/either game - Catherine / Augustus
                      FeMme - NZ GMT+12 - Ring map/either game (Warlords) - Caesar / Churchill
                      Nugog - NZ GMT+12 - Highlands map/either game - Saladin / Stalin
                      Strudo - Aus GMT+9.5 - Ring map/vanilla game - Qin Shi Quang
                      CerberusIV - Ireland GMT - Either map/either game (Warlords) - Huayna Capac / Ragnar or Mehmed

Looking at the above I think we should play :

Vanilla Civ
                      Ring Map
                      Prince Level
                      Raging Barbs

I'll see if we have any more takers in the next 1-2 hours and will start the game then.

I will post a new thread for a Warlords game on the Highlands map if any of you Warlords players are interested, or if we have any late comers........

Comment

Prince!

Man - I'm gonna have a short game

Nevermind!

PM me a link to the Warlords thread please.

Comment

I´m in and I prefer the Highlands map, but either Civ will do. I don´t have Warlords. GMT +2

I´m gonna get my ass kicked soo bad...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Any late comers or people who would prefer to play Warlords please have a look at Warlords Highland Fling PBEM thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                              I´m gonna get my ass kicked soo bad...

That's my role in this thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X