Okay, I can't take it anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I can't take it anymore...

....I'm going today after work and get the expansion....

Having followed the threads here and read Solver's MOST excellent review...I'm yeah.

Going.

Today.

T-Minus twenty-eight minutes.

Not that I'm counting.

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Have fun. Hope you have tomorrow off.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

dont forget to re-personalize your settings once youve installed warlords
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

/me makes a checklist

* Take tomorrow off

* Re-personalize settings

Check and check.

What else?

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I'm off tomorrow.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess writing is tabled for the moment then...
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Nahh...I can't afford to take a day off anyways, and I've got the next scene for da book in progress...no worries!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Hey, maybe Vel will start to play MP! Arrian and I have a casual going that could use a couple more regulars.
                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Welcome aboard! I was wondering how long it would take before you caved!

Comment

Excellent [/Burns]

And I'll add a second to Dom's suggestion that you dabble in MP (teamers are a blast).

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I knew Vel wouldn’t be able to resist if he read all this about Great Generals, Vassals, new traits, buildings, leaders etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                        * Velociryx makes a checklist

* Take tomorrow off

* Re-personalize settings

Check and check.

What else?

-=Vel=-
                        Forget your previous opening strategies and try some new approaches, especially in regard to Barbarians. Between the Great Wall and Chariots getting Axemen bonuses, there's definitely new ways to deal with them.

Comment

Welcome to the club Vel.

Other things for your checklist:
                          - Tell the missus you're going out for the whole day so you can lock the computer room door and pretend you're not there, so she don't bug ya.
                          - Have a stash of fav munchies and fav drinkies.
                          - Download my mod and have a go! (Warlords version will be up in 20 mins )

Dale

Comment

I finally caved in yesterday. Already played a quick game last night. standard archipelago map.

I really struggled in this one. I had a bad city start location. Good thing I was on a lower diff. level. Or I would have lost for sure. Didn't get the space ship up until 2145.

I played the Vikings. Perhaps they just aren't the civ for me. The Bezerker is useless against longbowmen. I had no choice but to attack my friends the Chinese. As they were the only ones who didn't have too many longbowmen (though I still had to take about 7 of them out).

You pretty much have to use trebuchets with them, which defeats the purpose of attacking from ships.

And I wasn't sure what to do with my great general. They don't seem that great to me. Oh well.

and China did become my vassal state eventually. It took a while. I was nice to them giving them maps and techs after that. I'm not sure if that is necessary to keep the vassal state.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              I was nice to them giving them maps and techs after that. I'm not sure if that is necessary to keep the vassal state.
                              No it's not. The main criteria are if they become either 50% larger or smaller than they were when they became vassals, and there's some population criteria as well. I can't recall what that is right now though. How you treat them is completely irrelevant, though if they do break free, they won't hate you right away if you're nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X