System error -192 when launching Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System error -192 when launching Civ II

I have a Quadra700, 68 mb of RAM, System 7.6, and Quicktime 4.0. Can anybody tell me which resource is missing that prevents Civilization II from launching?

I've been to the MicroProse web site, and there is NO techical support online for Mac products. Thanks for your help.
    babydoll

Dunno.But maybe you can get help here http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mactech/CivII.html
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I'm working on the assumption that you are using the original single player Civilization II (Civ II) and NOT Civilization II Gold Ed. Multiplayer (MPG). The Sys. Req. for the original Civ II is only a 68030 and the Quadra series all had 68040 chips. However, MPG requires a PPC processor. The only thing the Mac Secrets book says is "-185 through -199 Resource Manager errors (problems managing data)" - lots o' help there! Have you already done the Extensions shuffle and tried to runing with the minimum requirements? Are you using an external CD-ROM or some third party drivers? Norton File Saver sometimes messes with application.

And now for a little stump the band...

------------------
      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Your assumptions are correct. I have the original Civ II with an external 2X CD drive with Mac drivers, and the same freakin' error code occurs regardless of which extensions are loaded. Frankly, I'm stumped about what to do next. I've been to the web sites of Microprose (heh), Apple, and the one recommended by the first replier to my message, and I can't get info on a possible conflict or missing resource.

This really, really sucks.
        babydoll

Comment

More questions: Have you written to Wizard Works/MacSoft and received a reply? Whose drivers on the CD are you using? Do you have enough room on your hard drive to load the "Large Installation" (435 MB with movies)? The large install allows you to play the game without the CD. I also just launch and "played" the game with the minimum install (9 MB) without the CD. It did fine except for no movies.

------------------
          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
          "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
          X