• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Gold V1.22 Revised==Bug fix

Oh, for..

I guess somebody's been playing around with me again
    never mind
    [This message has been edited by Hunter Hutchins (edited January 27, 2000).]

Mmm. I get a message telling me the first link doesn't exist, and the browser is unable to find the other two links.

It's a different address to the usual patch page at http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mact...IGold_ftp.html

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The latest "final" update is up now.Usual place.V1.1.1 hehehe
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Wow! I turn around and the whole world changes! Brian moving on...New patch...newer patch...SMAC demo out...CTP out and needs ton o' RAM so I'm told...Too much. I think that I need to take reality breaks to check on the Forums!

But the time away was well spent. My Cub Scout pack had a GREAT Pinewood Derby race on a track built by yours truly! And what's more my oldest son won first place and gets to go to District races in March! Now, I guess it's time to get back to Civin' !

I have been sent some new scenarios to post, a cool Apple Script for converting PC scenarios and MacAddict has a new copy of GraphicConverter Ver. 3.7.2 on their Feb 2000 CD (I'll post a copy). Busy busy busy!

------------------
        Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

The revised patch has most certainly been made available. For the technically minded, Mr Nesse advised the problem as follows:

t:
          Re: the new patch
          Date:
          Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:56:26 -0600
          "Brian S. Nesse"
          To:

Yep,

I tracked it down this morning. It's related to the assembly inline byte
          swapping changes. For some reason they generate slightly different code than
          the inline non assembly stuff did and it was just different enough that it
          broke something.

There is a 1.1.1 patch on the MacSoft website

or

-Brian
          --
          Brian S. Nesse
          Development Manager/
          Sr. Software Engineer
          MacSoft

Gee, we're going to miss him.

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

PS. Has anyone tried the new patch?

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!

Comment

hehehe...I was waiting for you I have the installer on my desktop but I am afraid to click.....
              [This message has been edited by Smash (edited January 30, 2000).]
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Go on! Be a devil! And let me know what happens afterwards!

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!

Comment

And if you don't post back with the result ... we'll know it melted your chip!

------------------
                  finbar
                  Mono Rules!

Comment

Okay, I'm in the running to try it. It's on the Desktop and tomorrow I'll try it...oh what the heck Let's do it NOW!

------------------
                    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I did it! I installed and played, oh, 7 or 8 turns, moved a bunch of units, fought, built some city improvements and had NO problems. Now I can go to bed assured that the world is safe to use the new patch...well as far as you know!

------------------
                      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

it seems to work.At least MAC to MAC.Had a barbarian freeze but thats' not totally unexpected

Comment

Oh dear. The aim of this patch was to fix (or attempt to fix) the barb freeze problem.

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!

[This message has been edited by finbar (edited January 30, 2000).]

Comment

Well, I've taken the plunge, double clicked the Installer, now all I need is an MP game to test the bugger. Having, of course, the back up of the original on my ZipDisk. Just in case.

------------------
                            finbar
                            Mono Rules!

Comment

Working...
                            X