Civ II Gold 1.1 final is released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II Gold 1.1 final is released

ya good work by him again.Unfortunately this means I have to go through the ordeal of contacting wizworks again
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Hold on!Don't throw that b4 away yet.After several dozen restarts and a reinstall I could only play so long as I didn't move any units.As soon as I move,1 of 2 things happen.An instant crash or an instant freeze.

Both on MACS.Both did re installs and clean loading of the new update
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Civ II Gold 1.1 final is released

http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mact...IGold_ftp.html

Thank you, Brian!

_/\ C
      _/\ C
      Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Same thing just happened to me. Crashed back to the desktop as soon as my first unit moved. I'm going to email Mr Nesse about it. Hopefully he hasn't left us yet.

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I've just emailed a plaintive cry for help. Luckily, having read the above problems, I backed up the original version.

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!

[This message has been edited by finbar (edited January 26, 2000).]
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Heard back from Mr Nesse -

Single, hotseat, or network game? New game or saved game? I played from a
            saved game last night for over an hour with no problems using the 1.1 final
            release. I also tried a new game here at work on a machine that I know the
            updater was run on and had no problems. Unless the .hqx file is corrupt, I
            don't have a clue.

-Brian

Smash? Was your problem with a net game or single player? I tried single player and there didn't seem to be a problem

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!

Comment

Sorry, Smash, just re-read your post. "Both on Macs". Net game. Okay.

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

Comment

yes net game.Tryed a saved game,a scenario and a new game.Same crash to desktop or instant freeze as soon as I moved.Host could move and the game seemed to work normally for the host.Then we both re-installed and tryed it all again.No dice

Comment

Mmm. Seems to be a "client" problem rather than "host". Did you try hosting? You probably did. I notice the new thread (above) concerning the fixed patch. Tried the link, but, typically, can't connect to wizworks.

------------------
                  finbar
                  Mono Rules!

Comment

Working...
                  X