SMAC demo for Mac out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC demo for Mac out!

Unfortunately, I and some others have had problems unstuffing it. Make sure to so set your stuffit expander to never convert docs to text file.

Us macgamers can get it at:
    www.insidemacgames.com
    and www.macgamenews.com
    The 2nd one might not be right though. . .

Celebrate good times come on!

------------------
    While ignorance may be bliss, intelligence is orgasmic!
    "Well I think I could live with being a goodlooking lesbian woman" - Kropotkin
    "The great conceit of the 20th century has been that smart people aren't religious" --- Joe Durepos, Chicago religious literary agent.
    "It's an insult to human intelligence to suppose that we are so weak-minded that games will turn us into killers." - Werefox
    ----------------------
    monolith94@hotmail.com
    AIM: dalekdeath
    ----------------------
    Free YYYHey and Stewart Spink!
    WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
    Support the blue ribbon campaign for internet free speech!

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

after a very long download and after following recommendations in the "read me first" all I did was see a blank screen.After several resetting of monitor settings,the download SMAC demmo was re-filed in the trash.Empty trash was next.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I tried the demo, and when I finally got it working, I was singularly unimpressed. SMAC feels like the ugliest Civ 2 scenario I have seen. Kludgy interface, unresponsive controls, horrendous graphics. Even on "move fast", moving units took a long time for all players. I hope CTP looks better.

Comment

... and it doesn't have cross platform multiplay :-( :-( :-(

Thank you, Microsoft, for DirectPlay. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your HDs.

CTP looks very nice. I was leery at first since it's a full screen game, but I like it.

_/\ C
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Working...
        X