Civ for Windows Mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ for Windows Mobile?

Does anyone know of a Civilization version I can run on Windows Mobile? I have a Qtek 9100 I'd like to play it on when I'm bored on trains, metro etc... (An other name for Qtek in other countries is Blackberry and I-mate)
    Last edited by MoonWolf; August 4, 2006, 08:05.

That is the question that I asked myself 2 years ago, and still have no answer. I will order such a game directly! I bet many others as well. Why wait, firaxis? Programming a pocket pc game seems much less work than the pc version. I was hoping that somebody can bring us freeciv to the pocket pc, but so far.. no news about it
    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

I found something from FreeCiv:

On this page you can find instructions on how to compile Freeciv (SDL client) for the Pocket PC platform. I've successfully compiled it for my 200MHz StrongARM Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003) and it looks quite nice, though it still needs a lot of polishing to be really playable ;-) a Windows machine 7-Zip (to unzip the development environment) download my freeciv-ppc development environment: freeciv-ppc-2.1.0-beta4-src.7z(it contains MSYS, an arm-wince-pe cross-compiler (GCC-3.3.3) which was cr

It sounds like it may or may not work... and if it does work, it might not work well. At least it's something though.

Also, a few years ago, I had seen screenshots of a pocket pc version, but it never came around. It was advertised to come available at Pocketsoft.ru (I think it was)... but now it's gone.

Also, there's apparently a version of Civ out for the N-gage, which almost makes it worth buying one... well, not really- don't have that money... but it'd be great to be able to play Civ on a portable device.

Comment

Don't forget Civilization: Revolution will be available on the Nintendo DS and possibly Sony PSP.

Me.

Comment

Working...
        X