Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords + PitBoss = Problem

Hey strangers.

I got Warlords a few days ago and ran through some boring single player games, and I've finally convinced my friends to pick it up and start playing.

I used PitBoss with vanilla civ4 just fine when I played some games with Ayronis, and I found a new PitBoss executable inside the Warlords directory.

Loaded it up, went to configure the game, everything works like I remember it.

Load up warlords and try to connect, and got an error message: "The version of our critical game files do not match out host's. Cannot join game!"

I don't have any mods or cracks, straight game. There are no updates when I use the "check for updates" menu option.

Is there an updated PitBoss executable somewhere? What else could be wrong?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Re: Warlords + PitBoss = Problem

Originally posted by Inverse Icarus
    "The version of our critical game files do not match out host's. Cannot join game!"
    Same here

Comment

There appears to be some wrong values in the windows resource headers for the pitboss application that was released with warlords.. I modified these properties and got it to work. Using this modified exe should get you around the problem untill Firaxis can release an official fix :)...

There you are. I have not tried it yet, but it claims to fix the same problem you're both talking about.

Comment

Working...
      X