Any changes to the core game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any changes to the core game?

So far, the only changes announced to the core game are trebuchets, vassal states, and triremes. Now all of those things are good, but they don't exactly make a huge difference to the core game.

So, would someone who gets the game be kind enough to point out any other changes to the main game?

I'm still scratching my head in disbelief that no changes or additions have been made to the mid-to-late game whatever ...

Are you kidding?
    Vassal states is a MASSIVE change to the core game.
    Not only does it make you think of more strategies about playing, but it makes the AI have more options and such.

Comment

My guess would be since this expansion covers early to mid game, that a further expansion might look at mid to future. That's my guess anyways.

Dale

Comment

UBs are also a large change giving each nation its own advantage.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Great Generals..
          - Dregor

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about Great Generals.

Comment

adding new traits, swapping around old ones.

Comment

3 new wonders.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

New Civs?

Comment

If you want to know what the changes to the core game are, read this. Everything except the third one are changes to the core game.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Only the first, second, sixth and eigth are changes to the core game, though I considered not adding the sixth to that list.

I'm guessing that the 10th is the actual reason why this thread was opened:

Core Game Tweaks and Additions – Expanded features and gameplay tweaks will be made to the core game.
                      If anyone gets the list of changes (which I'm assuming is available in a readme file in the expansion) could they post them here (if that's not breaking copy right or something).
                      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Yeah, I was almost wondering why you wouldn't include the 10th.

Comment

There are tweaks to combat bonuses by the look of some of the other threads, which should shake things up a little.

Comment

I also heard a couple more promotions, even though God knows we don't need anymore.

Comment

The new promotions are accessible through Warlords. And they're good fun!
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X