Comment

Lets do CIV IV then..sans Warlord
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

That will be the case, I guess

I'd like to see berXpert joinning as well

Comment

Is there room for me?
          Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

FG is that really you?
            Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

Nuke Boy

Just simply glad to see ya old bud

You are certainly welcome here

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Nuke Boy
                FG is that really you?
                Yes it is

Glad he is also here as well

Gramps

Comment

I thought rumor had it FG was no longer with us. Its good to know the rumor mill was wrong

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Yes it is

Glad he is also here as well

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Nuke Boy
                    I thought rumor had it FG was no longer with us. Its good to know the rumor mill was wrong
                    Well, he left us a short while due to personal reasons, but is back and that is a good thing

Comment

I'm still interested in a new game
                      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

If you all are interested, I can offer the use of a dedicated Windows 2003 server to run an instance of PitBoss on for this game. You wouldn't even have to trust me to run the game myself; I could give whoever is going to be in charge an account on the computer, and that person could log in remotely and set up the game.

I have never played a PitBoss-facilitated game before, but I gather that it lets people conduct a play-by-email game but switch to real-time multiplayer temporarily if everyone playing happens to be online at the same time.

I've only participated in one PBEM game before so I don't know how long they usually take, but it seems like this method of play could really speed up the game a great deal, even if everybody could only get online at the same time to play together for a couple hours a month.

Let me know if you'd be interested in this, and I can get things set up.

-DrDeke

Comment

Additionally, the other PBEM game in which I'm involved seems to have petered out. There hasn't been a turn in weeks. So if we're going to have a game, can we all agree to either play on a reasonably regular basis or announce one's resignation so an AI or another player can take over?

-DrDeke

Comment

Nuke, you're most welcome

DrDeke , PitBoss could be a good idea but only as long as we're able to backup the saves and migrate to another computer if needed otherwise months of play could be wasted in case of emergency.

The other, traditional way is to play using our mail clients to send the turns and a moderator to track the game's progress.

Comment

Backups would be no problem; the computer is backed up every night, and whoever is running the game could download a copy of the save to their own computer once in a while also. There is another computer available if something were to happen to this one.

Either PitBoss or the traditional method is fine with me though.

-DrDeke

Comment

Lets stick with regular PBEM not PITBOSS

Im ready willing and able

Comment

Working...
                                X