Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polydads/moms, Help! My daughter won't go to sleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polydads/moms, Help! My daughter won't go to sleep!

I got her to sleep at around her normal time. Then she woke up out of the blue just bawling. I can't get her to stop. She's not hungry/won't eat. She's not thristy/won't take a bottle. I tried to get her to sleep by taking her on a little drive. I thought that worked, but all it did was got her to stop crying. I went for about 30 minutes. Less than 2 into the trip she stopped crying. I then drove around "just to be sure". I get done and pull into the garage thinking I'd just unstrap her and lay her down. Nope. wide awake. Just looking at me. Why won't she go to sleep?!?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

She's possessed.

is this the first time this has happened?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

put a pillow over her face till she stops moving
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My sister would do that when she was about 3-4, actually i am not sure its the same as your daughter.

She would wake up, and start crying, running around the house, unsure of who she is, where she is and who we (me, mum and brother) were. This would last about 1 hour. Eventually she would calm down and recognise us again.

Scary stuff.
        be free

Comment

Umm, I'm sure you checked but you didn't mention it, does her diaper need to be changed?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The best thing you can do is ignore it. Go in from time-to-time and let her know you're there and all is well. Don't develop bad habits you don't want to continue.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

ok i see none of smarrt men asked just how old the baby is
              if an infant she probably has colic movement helps anytype of stimulation will work loud music etc. slowwy is ont he right track if it is colic nothing u can do really but put some form of nosie to deter ur ears from her cries.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

the mention of "won't take a bottle" suggests that it's an infant - no asking needed.
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

"Takes a bottle." I take it she's not a teenager.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

at least not any teenagers youd like to know
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

with teenagers, it'd be a different kind of bottle... and not taking wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Comment

She's 10 months old.

Not sure if she's asleep yet. She wasn't when I left the room, but she wasn't making any noises. She's not now either. Boy that was strange. She's done this the past two nights (last night, however, she was at the in-laws... ). I hope it doesn't become a regular thing. Wife is always tired because she baking Kid number 2. Poor girl. And i have to go to work tonight. I so hope little Rory stays asleep...
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

kindergarten cops

so terrible.

Comment

Just give her a large brandy, that should work.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X